Sunrise at 1/4 Mile Road

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilstoy

Explorer
Nov 21, 2008
lindenwold
Illegally driving in wetlands/destroyed vernal pool/Natural Heritage priority site/ Rare species habitat.
ilegally driving in an area is a whole differant story , you keep referring to every truck that goes there is illegal , when in most cases its a bunch of stock trucks driven by young kids , you giving everyone a bad name for no reason

Pines Lover

Explorer
Aug 15, 2010
He is going with what he has available. Limited ability to think or see other people's views. Maybe he needs to take the horse blinders off :D

But seriously, he avoided mine and others concerning the economic impact that a closure has on people who use the pines as a revenue source. He avoids those who have a differing opinion than his and just regurgitates the same old, same old.

Illegal four wheelers are those that are performing illegal activities and if he just said it that way so many posts would go away and may be his point would be more respected

You haven't asked any hunters about this activity, that at times makes it impossible for them to get to there sites.

What do you think the Fed of NJ Sportsmen think about this. And their 150,000 members.

I do.

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
Hi, I'm Ben. I run this place.

I haven't been posting much lately because I'm going through a lot of non-Pine Barrens related drama. I was called to this thread because someone "reported" a post they thought was rude. I have to say that I only got to about page 6 before I stopped reading and went to the end of the thread to post this.

Way back in the early days of this website, I had the same sort of naive idea that the 4x4 crowd and the environmentalists could get together and come to some sort of compromise. I've given up on that idea because it seems that most environmentalists want things their way only and are quite millitant about it, and their idea of fixing things is to fine the shit out of people or cut access off entirely, and most 4x4 enthusiasts (most, not all) have barely evolved past the point of being able to breathe through their nose and completely incapable of getting the 4wd community to not go around and tear up these places.

I used to get incredibly mad at people because if they would "only just see" how "easy" it would be to come to a "compromise" then we'd all be happy. Until I managed to get maligned by both the environmentalists as well as the 4wd'ers. I gave up and decided to let the issue play out as it will.

I even made a rule about not discussing this shit on the website because all it does is foster bad feelings amongst people. I know, and personally like, many of the people in this thread, both 4wd-enthusiast and environmentalist. I didn't put this website up to become a breeding ground of discontent or strife.

If people can discuss this civilly and not resort to personal attacks (which I saw a number of) then you guys can all go back and enjoy playing in the sandbox. If not, I'm going to close this thread and just start giving people some time off to calm down.

Great info here and true for the most part. I guess PL couldn't handle the heat and told "dad" on us all! Slag heap here we come!!

Pines Lover

Explorer
Aug 15, 2010
ilegally driving in an area is a whole differant story , you keep referring to every truck that goes there is illegal , when in most cases its a bunch of stock trucks driven by young kids , you giving everyone a bad name for no reason

Seen the folks coming out of and going into and driving in the scar, many other folks than young kids.

Pines Lover

Explorer
Aug 15, 2010
whoopty doo da , i see tire marks not illegal 4 wheelers
Here is what NJDEP did in 2002

1. Pursuant to current authority, DEP personnel shall enforce ORV regulations as follows:
• Pursuant to NJSA 13:1L-23, violators shall be assessed the maximum fine of $1000 for
offenses at State Parks and Forests, which may be reduced only where:
a. a first-time violator establishes that no adverse impacts to natural resources or public safety
resulted from the violation; or
b. there are other extraordinary circumstances and a lesser penalty is authorized in writing by
the Assistant Commissioner for Natural and Historic Resources.
• Pursuant to NJSA 23:7-9, DEP shall reasonably assess damage to State property in Wildlife
Management Areas, including damage to natural resources, and shall impose a treble damage
Fine when damages (as measured by the cost of restoration) exceed $100.
• Pursuant to NJAC 23:7-9, all ORV violations in Wildlife Management Areas shall be assessed
the maximum fine of $200.
• The Division of Natural and Historic resources shall develop a damages table that will allow for

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/newsrel/releases/02_0095.htm

devilstoy

Explorer
Nov 21, 2008
lindenwold
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Ben Ruset
Hi, I'm Ben. I run this place.

I haven't been posting much lately because I'm going through a lot of non-Pine Barrens related drama. I was called to this thread because someone "reported" a post they thought was rude. I have to say that I only got to about page 6 before I stopped reading and went to the end of the thread to post this.

Way back in the early days of this website, I had the same sort of naive idea that the 4x4 crowd and the environmentalists could get together and come to some sort of compromise. I've given up on that idea because it seems that most environmentalists want things their way only and are quite millitant about it, and their idea of fixing things is to fine the shit out of people or cut access off entirely, and most 4x4 enthusiasts (most, not all) have barely evolved past the point of being able to breathe through their nose and completely incapable of getting the 4wd community to not go around and tear up these places.

I used to get incredibly mad at people because if they would "only just see" how "easy" it would be to come to a "compromise" then we'd all be happy. Until I managed to get maligned by both the environmentalists as well as the 4wd'ers. I gave up and decided to let the issue play out as it will.

I even made a rule about not discussing this shit on the website because all it does is foster bad feelings amongst people. I know, and personally like, many of the people in this thread, both 4wd-enthusiast and environmentalist. I didn't put this website up to become a breeding ground of discontent or strife.

If people can discuss this civilly and not resort to personal attacks (which I saw a number of) then you guys can all go back and enjoy playing in the sandbox. If not, I'm going to close this thread and just start giving people some time off to calm down.
Ben

Please leave it up.

There are a lot of decision makers reading it.

good idea to close it , its getting out of hand and as for PL who is making decisions off of this thread , the only decision that anyone made is how much of a douche you look like with all your senseless posts and remarks

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
You haven't asked any hunters about this activity, that at times makes it impossible for them to get to there sites.

What do you think the Fed of NJ Sportsmen think about this. And their 150,000 members.

I do.

I am a hunter with a stand near 1/4, or the "scar" as you call it. The only problem I have getting to my stand is the booby traps set by some people that are designed to destroy "nice big tires" well, let me tell you, they destroy little ones too.

devilstoy

Explorer
Nov 21, 2008
lindenwold
Here is what NJDEP did in 2002

1. Pursuant to current authority, DEP personnel shall enforce ORV regulations as follows:
• Pursuant to NJSA 13:1L-23, violators shall be assessed the maximum fine of $1000 for
offenses at State Parks and Forests, which may be reduced only where:
a. a first-time violator establishes that no adverse impacts to natural resources or public safety
resulted from the violation; or
b. there are other extraordinary circumstances and a lesser penalty is authorized in writing by
the Assistant Commissioner for Natural and Historic Resources.
• Pursuant to NJSA 23:7-9, DEP shall reasonably assess damage to State property in Wildlife
Management Areas, including damage to natural resources, and shall impose a treble damage
Fine when damages (as measured by the cost of restoration) exceed $100.
• Pursuant to NJAC 23:7-9, all ORV violations in Wildlife Management Areas shall be assessed
the maximum fine of $200.
• The Division of Natural and Historic resources shall develop a damages table that will allow for

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/newsrel/releases/02_0095.htm

yea whats your point ? theres nothing wrong with setting fines for people that break the law , so let the authorities handle it , you have no say and your opinion means dick to anyone on here , if you wish to come out with me one day ill leave a seat open for you and you can actually see that what alot of us do is not illegal in anyway and you might even have some fun and stop crying all the time

popeofthepines

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Atco

I do.

First off how do you know I have not done anything like asking hunters opinions of this topic. Why yes it would make it more difficult for anyone,not just a hunter, to make it anywhere with deep holes created by big tired vehicles creating deep ruts. Do I need to ask a hunter if that will imped his ability to get to a fav hunting area? NO. Do 'items' in the puddles make it impossible for anyone to get into an area? YES

So let's hear from a hunter, one who belongs to this fed of NJ Sportsmen. I will be asking a friend of mine from Hamilton NJ what he knows about this but I would like to hear from one of these individuals who participates in this forum.

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
yea whats your point ? theres nothing wrong with setting fines for people that break the law , so let the authorities handle it , you have no say and your opinion means dick to anyone on here , if you wish to come out with me one day ill leave a seat open for you and you can actually see that what alot of us do is not illegal in anyway and you might even have some fun and stop crying all the time

Better bring alot of kleenex for the cryin

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
I vote for this to be taken down or at least erase all threads other than the original posters. this will all be handled in person by the appropriate partys. I have all posts up to earlier today printed out anyways.

Pines Lover

Explorer
Aug 15, 2010
hahaha i kinda thought this was funny and had to post it , but this must be who PL worships
crucified-frog.jpg

How many vernal pools have you had certified for NJDEP.

The frogs warned me of featherless bipeds like you

Rana Utricularia

Rest in Peace

Karma is a b*tch

Status
Not open for further replies.