1/4 mile fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pines Lover

Explorer
Aug 15, 2010
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by mudboy dave
That does not answer it for the rest of us.

One day hopefully you realize that I'm a very reasonable person to deal with if you don't treat me like I'm some sort of retard.

What you guys don't understand is Mike is above the levels of God or Mother Nature herself. What he says is the correct way, you will bow to him and believe everything he states because he is the MAN!!!!!

You sound a bit bi polar

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
:bang: The original posters whole post was basically a question. I know the answer to why pick on 1/4 mile. How about answering my questions??? Is that top complicated of a request? I have answered to pretty much everything you have had to say. Why can't you do the same thing. It's all part of a debate.

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
One day hopefully you realize that I'm a very reasonable person to deal with if you don't treat me like I'm some sort of retard.

What you guys don't understand is Mike is above the levels of God or Mother Nature herself. What he says is the correct way, you will bow to him and believe everything he states because he is the MAN!!!!!

You sound a bit bi polar

The reason I threw that post in is bedcause once again you selectively read peoples posts. You ignordeed what you didn't want to hear or answer. Along with the whole fact of people stepping in and not letting mother nature just run its course. Here, I'll reword it for you so you understand.

"If you improve your communication skills you will realize that I'm a very reasonable person to deal with"
You have treated me like I'm some big time illegal wheeler since the beginning of this, I have tried to explain to you a few solutions. It's time to man up quit talking down to people and we'll learn to get along. No matter how much you don't like the fact of me being involved....face it, I am. no matter how much I don't like the fact of you being involved...I have to face it, you are.

Pines Lover

Explorer
Aug 15, 2010
By the way, I pretty much agree with the idea of "enforcing the existing laws." But, here's a radical idea, why doesn't the PPA have a group of people out at 1/4 mile jotting down license plate numbers and reporting them to the police. This will cost zero dollars and will actually show that the PPA wants to do something to solve the problem besides trolling people on my forum.

They are not armed.

The forest service will not send its people to 1/4 mile at night to deal with the illegal fire situation "because it is too dangerous"

Pines Lover

Explorer
Aug 15, 2010
The reason I threw that post in is bedcause once again you selectively read peoples posts. You ignordeed what you didn't want to hear or answer. Along with the whole fact of people stepping in and not letting mother nature just run its course. Here, I'll reword it for you so you understand.

"If you improve your communication skills you will realize that I'm a very reasonable person to deal with"
You have treated me like I'm some big time illegal wheeler since the beginning of this, I have tried to explain to you a few solutions. It's time to man up quit talking down to people and we'll learn to get along. No matter how much you don't like the fact of me being involved....face it, I am. no matter how much I don't like the fact of you being involved...I have to face it, you are.

I hear to many excuses and from you and others that are not helping solve this problem.

Pines Lover

Explorer
Aug 15, 2010
:bang: The original posters whole post was basically a question. I know the answer to why pick on 1/4 mile. How about answering my questions??? Is that top complicated of a request? I have answered to pretty much everything you have had to say. Why can't you do the same thing. It's all part of a debate.

So what are your questions

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
I hear to many excuses and from you and others that are not helping solve this problem.

WTF excuses have you heard from me?!? Where have I excused once the people that go out there and tear it up knowing what they are doing is wrong??? Where I have I done that Mike. PLEASE COPY & PASTE where I have made excuses to where 1/4 mile should stay the way it is? Youre going to have a hard time fdoing this task that I'm asking because I haven't!!!!!!! To say I'm making excuses is a lie. that goes for anyone on this site. If you have seen me make an excuse for the illegal activity by all means and let me know. Come on Mike do it. DO IT WITHOUT TWISTING IT TOO!!!! Apparently it's the only thing you are good at TWISTING MY WORDS AROUND. Is this the same thing you are doing with the State Park Police and Forest Fire Service? It is hard for me to even believe that anyone could follow such a twisted individual.

By the way you still haven't answered my questions from 3 posts ago.

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
So what are your questions

Heres a few posts back do you want me to go through every freaking post i made on every website that you have choosen to read around?

What I'm getting at is if you have someone ask you a question, answer it. Copy and pasting something 10 times is not going to make me understand anymore that what I already do. How many times have I already said I agree with you on 1/4 mile,Mike? For real how many times. How many times have I said I'm not for illegal off-roading? How many times have you ignored what I have to say within your replys? Maybe if I start posting something numerous times in large font and bold letters you will finally actually reply to what I have to say/ask. One day hopefully you realize that I'm a very reasonable person to deal with if you don't treat me like I'm some sort of retard. You are no better of a person than myself and I expect you to speak to me in that matter. Quite frankly I don't care who you are or what you think you are but when push comes to shove you are nothing more than a regular person with a valid complaint that has no communication skills. So when we finally do meet in person one day I request you not to speak down to me. Grow the hell up and maybe you'll get somewhere with this. Oh and by the way Where have you been the past 20 years that this has been happening back there?​

Pines Lover

Explorer
Aug 15, 2010
Heres a few posts back do you want me to go through every freaking post i made on every website that you have choosen to read around?
What I'm getting at is if you have someone ask you a question, answer it. Copy and pasting something 10 times is not going to make me understand anymore that what I already do. How many times have I already said I agree with you on 1/4 mile,Mike? For real how many times. How many times have I said I'm not for illegal off-roading? How many times have you ignored what I have to say within your replys? Maybe if I start posting something numerous times in large font and bold letters you will finally actually reply to what I have to say/ask. One day hopefully you realize that I'm a very reasonable person to deal with if you don't treat me like I'm some sort of retard. You are no better of a person than myself and I expect you to speak to me in that matter. Quite frankly I don't care who you are or what you think you are but when push comes to shove you are nothing more than a regular person with a valid complaint that has no communication skills. So when we finally do meet in person one day I request you not to speak down to me. Grow the hell up and maybe you'll get somewhere with this. Oh and by the way Where have you been the past 20 years that this has been happening back there?​

Guy you know I respect you and almost everything i have read from you. I look up to you as a wizard of the Pines and feel comfortable sending you PMs when I have questions. Howwever your buddy has opened a can of worms that I have been fearing would be opened for the past couple of years. There needs to be a compromise somewheres. For the most part everyone that I know if in the 4x4 world locally(about 2-300) are willing to compromise. I fear the same thing you do as far as no vehiclular access. i also fear further destruction in areas that have not been touched yet. This is why I changed my mind about closing 1/4 mile down. I see this getting really ugly really quick.

"There needs to be a compromise somewheres. For the most part everyone that I know if in the 4x4 world locally(about 2-300) are willing to compromise. I fear the same thing you do as far as no vehiclular access. i also fear further destruction in areas that have not been touched yet. This is why I changed my mind about closing 1/4 mile down."

There is no compromise on enforcing NJ Fed wetlands regs.

From Als blog
"Leave the hardcore wheeling for hardcore wheeling spots. 1/4 mile was a good set of trails years ago before all of the mud disappeared."

So 1/4 mile was a good set of trails?

Ok 1/4 mile is a sensitive area, I understand that. If that goes off limits it doesn't bother me one bit. But I can tell you that people are not going to sell the trucks that they have invested thousanmds of dollars in just because of that spot getting closed. They will move on to the next area. Is that what you want? A traveling circus???? This is the reality folks. Keep in mind i do not go mudding on state property I strictly trail ride. I have private areas for mudding.

Private areas for mudding?

Wetlands regs are wetlands regs whether you destroy them on public or private property

Why didn't you buy a place to go do what you like??????? you bought a vehicle to access yoiur tax paid land. I built my vehicle to my specs to access MY tax paid land. I do follow the laws while I'm out there. As of now you have posted a "destruction of wetlands" type of law. thats it. I don't destroy wetlands.

I don't destroy wetlands?

But you state "Leave the hardcore wheeling for hardcore wheeling spots. 1/4 mile was a good set of trails years ago before all of the mud disappeared."

"First off we don't buy these trucks, We build them in our garages. Its not like ATVS. We build them to what we want just like guys at Atco raceway build their race cars. I have looked into properties to lease and everything has dead ended, why because someone always had a problem with the area. salamanders, birds, frog, snakes, racoons,flowers, grass, historic artifacts etc. "

So you should get special rules for wetlands and environ regs than everyone else.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ

You sound a bit bi polar

Retard? Bi-Polar? Are you freakin kidding me? Is that how you were brought up? Do you have no compassion for those that have to live with medical conditions? I hope Ben kicks you off this site, you don't deserve to be posting here with the good folks that do. I am surprised the PPA condones your acting and speaking on their behalf.

As far as you being reasonable, you have proved beyond doubt you are not.

skip3

Explorer
Nov 21, 2009
cc tx, Green Bank Nj
Guy you know I respect you and almost everything i have read from you. I look up to you as a wizard of the Pines and feel comfortable sending you PMs when I have questions. Howwever your buddy has opened a can of worms that I have been fearing would be opened for the past couple of years. There needs to be a compromise somewheres. For the most part everyone that I know if in the 4x4 world locally(about 2-300) are willing to compromise. I fear the same thing you do as far as no vehiclular access. i also fear further destruction in areas that have not been touched yet. This is why I changed my mind about closing 1/4 mile down. I see this getting really ugly really quick.

"There needs to be a compromise somewheres. For the most part everyone that I know if in the 4x4 world locally(about 2-300) are willing to compromise. I fear the same thing you do as far as no vehiclular access. i also fear further destruction in areas that have not been touched yet. This is why I changed my mind about closing 1/4 mile down."

From Als blog
"Leave the hardcore wheeling for hardcore wheeling spots. 1/4 mile was a good set of trails years ago before all of the mud disappeared."

Ok 1/4 mile is a sensitive area, I understand that. If that goes off limits it doesn't bother me one bit. But I can tell you that people are not going to sell the trucks that they have invested thousanmds of dollars in just because of that spot getting closed. They will move on to the next area. Is that what you want? A traveling circus???? This is the reality folks. Keep in mind i do not go mudding on state property I strictly trail ride. I have private areas for mudding.

Wetlands regs are wetlands regs whether you destroy them on public or private property

Why didn't you buy a place to go do what you like??????? you bought a vehicle to access yoiur tax paid land. I built my vehicle to my specs to access MY tax paid land. I do follow the laws while I'm out there. As of now you have posted a "destruction of wetlands" type of law. thats it. I don't destroy wetlands.

But you state "Leave the hardcore wheeling for hardcore wheeling spots. 1/4 mile was a good set of trails years ago before all of the mud disappeared."

"First off we don't buy these trucks, We build them in our garages. Its not like ATVS. We build them to what we want just like guys at Atco raceway build their race cars. I have looked into properties to lease and everything has dead ended, why because someone always had a problem with the area. salamanders, birds, frog, snakes, racoons,flowers, grass, historic artifacts etc. "

So you should get special rules for wetlands and environ regs than everyone else.

:bang::bang::bang::bang:
WTF is this I'm not even sure what the subject is anymore

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
OK... I feel that closing the area with the same amount of law enforcement will cause further destruction. Common Sense. This is by far an excuse for illegal wheeling. It may be an excuse to leave the entrances of 1/4 mile open but for what I consider a good reason.

to be a compromise somewheres. For the most part everyone that I know if in the 4x4 world locally(about 2-300) are willing to compromise. I fear the same thing you do as far as no vehiclular access. i also fear further destruction in areas that have not been touched yet. This is why I changed my mind about closing 1/4 mile down."

Yes Mike you are correct laws are laws and if you break them you should have to pay. However there is nothing stating to an exact of what going on. When I say compromise. I'm talking about a trail system being formed so that way people who enter Wharton for nothing more than a casual drive no where they can and cannot be.

From Als blog
Yes it was and at the time I'm talking about it was not a known illegal spot a slong as you werent blowing new paths. Still not an excuse.

. When take an area of farmland and flood it and it dries up in a week, it is not wetlands.
When I go to other states to approved areas it's not illegal.
When I go mud racing on a mad made track its not illegal

No I don't and if you keep saying I do I'll see you in court for harrassment

No I have never asked for this. This is once a gain a subject I see youre a little slow on. What I'm getting at is unless there is a place to go legally there will still be illegal happenings. If not one place the other. For my most part I'm a retired wheeler, I'm more of a racer anymore than anything. But I was once young. I once was an outlaw (without even knowing). i may have not been a perfect little angel such as yourself, but now a days I have 3 kids and can't afford any fines. And quite honestly. I'd still like for my kids to see the pines without ruts going through every swamp. I'd like to see the species that are endangered out there get top the point where they are no longer endangered. But I grew up a mudder, I'm still a mudder, so I'm still going to defend my sport and try to come up with something somewhere in the middle where people can still have fun but at the sametime not be destroying a bunch of stuff.

So in the long run Mike, you once again did not answer my questions nor did you find any of these excuses that you falsley accused me of making. As I said , keep twisting my words and accusing me of doing something I'm not and I will see you in court buddy.
(thread printed)

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
Retard? Bi-Polar? Are you freakin kidding me? Is that how you were brought up? Do you have no compassion for those that have to live with medical conditions? I hope Ben kicks you off this site, you don't deserve to be posting here with the good folks that do. I am surprised the PPA condones your acting and speaking on their behalf.

As far as you being resonable, you have proved beyond doubt you are not.

The first quote is mine, if i offended someone, I'm sorry, however I do feel as I'm being spoke to such as I'm mentally challenged
"One day hopefully you realize that I'm a very reasonable person to deal with if you don't treat me like I'm some sort of retard."

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Mike, when I met you in person you were calm, quiet, and collected. Why are you acting like this online?

If you think posting rants (or cut and pasting them) on my website is going to make a lick of difference to anybody, you are wrong. You're only serving to embarrass yourself (and not just with the 4wd crowd here, but the environmentalist folks as well.)

Edit: By the way, this thread is a PRIME example of why I have a rule against 4WD/ORV trail discussion on the site. Who here has warm fuzzies from this exchange? I know I certainly don't. What value has come of this exchange? None. All that's happened here is a bunch of people are turning on each other, flaming each other, and generally acting way less mature then they ought to be.

Get your closing thoughts in, because I'm closing this thread tomorrow.

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
Get your closing thoughts in, because I'm closing this thread tomorrow.
Heres my thoughts on everything

Laws on where and where you can drive are too vague and buried to far in law books to be commonly available for everyone.

Laws need to be commonly available

A trail system needs to be in place with a commonly available map both on the internet and at Atsion and Batsto. If I have these maps I can give them to a bunch of people, that I'd say maybe only a handful wouldnt abide by .

Offroad parks need to come around with decent mud, one way or another.

People should NOT be focusing on eliminating the damage but minimizing. "Elimination" is just to strong of a goal. Look at DUIs, they are a fortune but they still occur. Since laws have got stricter, there is no longer as many drunks out there driving.

I mostly agree with PPAs 10 point plan as of yesterday. However inorder for it to be successful there needs to once again be a trail system and speciffic rules.

I believe a volunteer group out in wharton would be a good thing.

Everyone needs to work together to have anything productive occur.

I think we'll start seeing a reduction of BS out there by next year.

skip3

Explorer
Nov 21, 2009
cc tx, Green Bank Nj
Now i get it, the whole thing is to see who can take things out of context, quote ,and paste the most.

I hope this thing lives forever .

Ps. the whole frog whisperer thing makes me want to get a professional involved

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
Now i get it, the whole thing is to see who can take things out of context, quote ,and paste the most.

I hope this thing lives forever .

Ps. the whole frog whisperer thing makes me want to get a professional involved

lol. I just make sure I answer every section of a post. In no way can I be accused of avoiding anything. I'm sure somehow he'll get a TV show right there next to "Dog Whisperer" and "Ghost Whiperer". Only difference is I'd watch the "frog whisperer". It would give me an excuse to drink a few cold ones and have a good laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.