1/4 mile fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
a new mapped trail system is a good a idea but still will not solve anything , because most of the people on here know where and where not to go , but all the outsiders that already tearing things up either wont know any better or just wont care and are will still go off the marked trails , with the lack of patrol and authority the trail system is useless

You are correct, there goes my blind faith in humanity again LOL!!

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I highly doubt the FF Service drove a bulldozer down the stream channel, it would have gotten stuck like the Dodge.

I think the trail they made was around on edge.

And the bul dozer didn't create a road 150 feet wide or drive through and destroy he vernal ponds.

And if they did drive through the area once for a fire 10+ years ago, it would have recovered.

It was not a stream channel per se when they drove the dozer in Mike, it most likely was a sedge savanna with intermittant puddling. Look at the 1995 arial versus the 2002 ariel. The man drove right down the center of that savanna like some kind of crazy guy who didn't give a damn. All he saw was a fire, and by golly, he was gonna corral it!

If you think it would have recovered in 10 years, then get on the bandwagon and just ask for the road to be blocked.....and if we find them destroying other stuff, we block that too.

But I think they should now go in and smooth it first, then block it so the thrill is gone too.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The problem is the roads should have been blocked in the spring. Nothing is going to grow from now until April.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Guy if you block the roads without increased law enforcement, chance are the blockades would just end up like those on Tuckerton.

I agree. However, without stopping traffic in some way it will never grow anything.

Guy

c1nj

Explorer
Nov 19, 2008
It may be easy to blame the NJFFS but the cause of the fire was from a stuck truck's hot exhaust that rested on dry grass during a drought.

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
C1NJ. You are right, it is easy to point fingers. However the damage is already done, can't change the past. It's time to not point fingers at the previous destruction and start moving forward to stop it. Quite honestly I'm tired of seeing people attempt to do something and have no clue how to. Look at Tuckerton Road for instance, where they repaired the road. If the blockades were built properly time and money wouldn't have been wasted.

Pines Lover

Explorer
Aug 15, 2010
C1NJ. You are right, it is easy to point fingers. However the damage is already done, can't change the past. It's time to not point fingers at the previous destruction and start moving forward to stop it. Quite honestly I'm tired of seeing people attempt to do something and have no clue how to. Look at Tuckerton Road for instance, where they repaired the road. If the blockades were built properly time and money wouldn't have been wasted.

The damage is ongoing at a weekly basis

Status
Not open for further replies.