1st Time to Jemima Mt

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
I would have loved to have seen the woods back then. It is easy to overlook the flum pipes below the roads, but now that you mention it...yeah, there are alot. Thanks for the recollection Bill, and I agree with you on responsibility with how we use the woods.

Jeff

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
I jumped over the 50 hump last Friday.
Doesn't feel any different at this point. :)

Harry birthday! I passed that line 2 years ago. In recognition of the milestone I started a tradition at 50, I take the day off and go to the pines. Last year I fished at Batsto, not sure yet what I'll do this year. Hope you enjoyed your day.

Y-BUC-BILL

Explorer
Mar 9, 2007
Thanks a lot for the kind words.RednekF350 and i belong to the same club and I appreciate his comments .Happy Birthday.As to the bottom of spungs,I would assume the bottom is composed of roots and dirt.The structure is rather fragil.Once this structure is destroyed it's gone forever.
First time I got acquainted with the Wharton Estate was back in 1942.Was in high school.No drivers licemse.Went deer hunting with some friends parentd off Rt.72 near the colony.Did not ever see so much wilderness.I was hooked.Traveled a lot of sand trails in my Dad's 1941 Dodge.After high school I got into motorcycles.Rode the woods on my 1942-45 cu.in.Harley.When we put on an Enduro,we always contacted Leeson Small.He lived across from Atsion Lake and was the caretaker of the Wharton Estate.
Met Dave Amot:confused:ne fine Piney.He showed us many unused Stagecoach Trails.Back in the old days very few people used the Wharton Estate except during the 6 day firearm deer season.

Y-BUC-BILL

Explorer
Mar 9, 2007
Con't::Hit the wrong button.Sorry....A lot of deer hunters set up a tent for the week's hunt.There were many deer camps through out the woods.G.I.Deer Club-Dividing Creek Deer Club to mention a couple.There was a small cabin along Good Water Run [Road from Quaker Bridge to Batsto].When the State bought the Wharton Estate,all the cabins were torn down.The end of an era.I remember when they logged off the forest after a fire for pulp wood.The pine trees were cut in 4 ft.lengths and stacked near an access road .The piles were 4 by 4 by 8 foot.stacks[A cord].They were stacked in lengths of 300 feet,.so tractor trailers could pick them up.Also remember when the logged white cedar.Time for a coffee break.Enough said.