2023 Advent calendar

M1 Abrams

Explorer
May 4, 2023
Burlington County
I noticed the stove service men and salesmen still lined up in that one. Did you notice that? :)

Yep! One drawback of presenting individual sketches is that some of the great "connective tissue" the group used to tie the sketches together (both in an individual episode and in the series as a whole) is lost. Sometimes it would be a sight gag as in the line of cooker men, sometimes just a line of dialogue (such as a man in a theater eating a piece of Crunchy Frog), sometimes it would be some Terry Gilliam animation such as Harold the flying sheep trying to wing his way to freedom.

Is there a way that we could put the sound "Walk This Way" in the background of this?

An admirable suggestion! After seeing it, I wondered if someone had actually done one. While I haven't found any such video so far, I did find lyrics to a parody Walk This Way/Silly Walks song:

Walk This Way/Silly Walks parody lyrics

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I read that "masterpiece" to see what the hype was about. I got very little out of it. Can't even recall anything from it except the memory of a brooding Heathcliff.

Reactions: M1 Abrams

M1 Abrams

Explorer
May 4, 2023
Burlington County
I read that "masterpiece" to see what the hype was about. I got very little out of it. Can't even recall anything from it except the memory of a brooding Heathcliff.

I'm tempted to make a bad joke about your interest in Wuthering Heights "flagging," but that would just be asking for me to wind up deposited out in some isolated bog with my mouth taped and only an Aldis lamp with a weak battery to signal for help! Wuthering Heights doesn't rank among my favorites either.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I'm tempted to make a bad joke about your interest in Wuthering Heights "flagging," but that would just be asking for me to wind up deposited out in some isolated bog with my mouth taped and only an Aldis lamp with a weak battery to signal for help! Wuthering Heights doesn't rank among my favorites either.
Go ahead, I like jokes. In the late 1990's through about 2007, I had in my cubicle, on the wall a list of the greatest novels of all time. I was determined to read them all. I would read during lunch. I checked off only a third of them. The worst ones were like that, including Jane Austen stuff and Anna Kareninina (old romance stuff). Some of the the ones I really liked:

As I lay Dying
The Grapes of Wrath
The Catcher in the Rye
Moby Dick
The Illiad
The wind in the willows

But those lists are numerous, and created by various sources, and they change with the times as well.

Reactions: M1 Abrams