2023 Advent calendar

M1 Abrams

Explorer
May 4, 2023
Burlington County

December 19​

"There! I've run rings 'round you logically!" (Note: Seeing as it is the holiday season, there will be no extra charge for today's Portuguese captioning. :))

Here is the clue for tomorrow: "It's people like you what causes unrest."

M1 Abrams

Explorer
May 4, 2023
Burlington County

December 25​

Happy, blessed Christmas Day tidings to all, celebrants and non-celebrants alike. You might have expected me to say something like that today, but you'll never expect what you'll find below in these two...ah...three clips...because NOBODY expects this!

There will be one final, Boxing Day entry tomorrow to close the book on this curious calendar.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com

December 25​

Happy, blessed Christmas Day tidings to all, celebrants and non-celebrants alike. You might have expected me to say something like that today, but you'll never expect what you'll find below in these two...ah...three clips...because NOBODY expects this!

There will be one final, Boxing Day entry tomorrow to close the book on this curious calendar.
I must admit that really was a nice rack in the first flick and I was inclined to like that best.Always been one for a nice rack but I am getting a bit on the dusty side now and when the second flick opened and i saw the comfy chair I said thats for me! I was enjoying the comfy chair when scene three opened. I have decided you can keep the chair for I am off to court to hold a little Inquisition of my own Dust be Darned.

• Haha
Reactions: M1 Abrams

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Last edited:

M1 Abrams

Explorer
May 4, 2023
Burlington County

December 26​

To wrap up the calendar, here's a little something for Boxing Day. There is no extra charge for the festive Hungarian captioning. (Sometimes, Hungarian translation leaves something to be desired. Try running this search on YouTube if you don't believe me: "Monty Python's Flying Circus" Hungarian phrasebook.)

I've enjoyed presenting this Advent calendar. Thanks to you all for your indulgence and attention. Have a happy Twelve Days of Christmas, and a happy, healthy, and successful 2024. (If any of you have Python sketches that did not appear and would like to post them on this thread, as long as they don't stretch the family-friendly boundaries of the forums too far I certainly have no objections.)

For those of you who are too young to recognize the name Sir Kenneth Clark, I'll add a short video of the venerable gentleman.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Here is the one I love. It makes me laugh out loud every time I see it. It's about a man who goes to an 'argument clinic', where he's looking for some enjoyment or education in how to do it properly. Included in this one below, he enters the wrong door at the beginning and into several wrong doors at the end of his visit, but you can find on youtube sketches containing the argument clinic itself.

M1 Abrams

Explorer
May 4, 2023
Burlington County
The Argument Clinic is certainly a worthy addition. If I had the version you posted it probably would have been included. The full version had a whole lot of folks getting bashed on the head in the final couple of minutes, so I ended up not using it.

I'm hoping that by using the shorter version, Bob, you have avoided having these forums arrested under various charges including acts of a self-conscious behavior contrary to the Not In Front of the Children Act.

You still may have run afoul of Section 21 of the Strange Sketch Act, though -- Willfully posting a strange sketch, that is, a skit, spoof, or humorous vignette of an unconventional nature with intent to cause a grievous mental confusion to the great British public. Now technically this might not be enforceable in New Jersey, although there are rumors that this loophole might be closed in the near future...road access might not be the only thing in the crosshairs at Batsto on 1/24/24! Now you see why I wanted to post the calendar in 2023.

No you don't! :D

Yes he does! I told you once!

• Haha
Reactions: bobpbx and Boyd

M1 Abrams

Explorer
May 4, 2023
Burlington County
No you didn't!
(Excuse me... did you want a simple two-post disagreement, or a full argument thread?)

I'm only a poor farmer, Boyd -- I can't afford a full argument thread! I thought I might get an argument gift card for Christmas, but no such luck. :( And it's so hard for me to be agreeable!! :( :(

• Haha
Reactions: Boyd

M1 Abrams

Explorer
May 4, 2023
Burlington County
That's okay, the clinician suggests he 'might' argue in his spare time, perhaps give him a call.

Oh come on, next you'll be telling me that someone can just go on half of the comment pages on the Internet and argue to one's heart's content! :smug:
Anyway, I'm too proud to take charity...if somebody tries to give me a piece of their mind, it just gets me riled up!