Ace Campground, Nescochague paddle or

B

bach2yoga

ecampbell said:
I,ll be kayaking to Ace again this summer, friends welcome.

It's a difficult paddle since it hasen't been cleared in years, but it wouldn't be an adventure if it was easy.

Ed

That sounds like fun! I finally have my own little kayak and I need to break it in!
Renee

M

mrppv84

i plan on going back to ace with nodrogyetter. we will show the utmost respect for this area and not vandalize anything. so i thank you to all that helped us to learn where it is located at.

N

nodrogyetter

a good thing that johnny gunther is gone (BANNED)!!!!!
I was getting offended by his inappropriate remarks that he was making the other day.
thank you to whom ever it was that banned him!

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Well, apparently someone has trashed Ace campground. There's ATV tracks all over the place and the phone is gone.

This is why directions aren't allowed on the site. I don't know if whomever did this got directions from this site, but if so then it's my fault for what happened there.

If someone reading this site did take the phone and drive their ATV there, then you're a scumbag thief who ruins the image of the off-road community for the rest of us who Tread Lightly and respect the history of the woods. Lord help if if I find out who you are because I'll be letting the rangers know who did it.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Ben,

I was told those tracks were old. And I was surprised that the phone lasted this long there. It could have been anyone.

Guy

B

bigbadhoss

Somebody wrecked the site? Why? Maybe it could of been the state, I doubt it but it could of been. Why would anybody want a pay phone? Thats just retarded. It could of been anybody. There is always somebody that ruins things for everybody else.

bigbadhoss said:
Somebody wrecked the site? Why? Maybe it could of been the state, I doubt it but it could of been. Why would anybody want a pay phone? Thats just retarded. It could of been anybody. There is always somebody that ruins things for everybody else.

Nobody wrecked the place and who said it was a pay phone?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It was a pay phone which I mention a few post back.

Guy

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
ATV tracks all over the place and the phone being gone wrecks it in my book.

I liked the idea of the place being unknown. Oh well.

Here is/was the phone:

aah.sized.jpg

What was interesting about it was that it was a rotary dial, and it was marked for $0.10. I guess someone will get some bucks for it on ebay.

B

bigbadhoss

geeezz, thats pretty beat that people don't have enough respect for places like that to leave things alone. Maybe I should post a reward for it around the area.

N

nodrogyetter

that just pisses me off!!!
I didnt even get to vivsit the place yet and it has already been
vandalized!!
Its idiots like that, who ruin the fun for us, to view way that nature intends things to take care of things!!
DONT LET ME FIND OUT WHO DID IT!!!!
I WONT TELL A RANGER!!
I"LL COME FIND YOU PERSONALLY AND DEAL WITH YOU MYSELF!

JerseyJim

Explorer
Aug 17, 2003
Delaware County Pa.
I can honestly say I doubt anyone on this board would go and do something like what has happened here at Ace, I would bet it was just some of the local teenagers that live near there

B

bach2yoga

bruset said:
Well, apparently someone has trashed Ace campground. There's ATV tracks all over the place and the phone is gone.

This is why directions aren't allowed on the site. I don't know if whomever did this got directions from this site, but if so then it's my fault for what happened there.

If someone reading this site did take the phone and drive their ATV there, then you're a scumbag thief who ruins the image of the off-road community for the rest of us who Tread Lightly and respect the history of the woods. Lord help if if I find out who you are because I'll be letting the rangers know who did it.

That sucks. Excuse my French.
Renee

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We must keep in mind that it was a campground where people from all over came to stay, and they all know about the places just like us. The dirt road in front of the place ends at the gate, but it is well used.

Anyone who kayaks down the Nescochague as Ed did, surly will stop as he did when you come to the beach. And as I have reported the state now owns it, and someone from the state has a key and must check on it so they have been there most likely. And the gate only keeps you out when you come from the road. The woods on it's borders are open.

So it is premature to think that our posts have caused any vandalism there.

Guy

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
JerseyJim said:
I can honestly say I doubt anyone on this board would go and do something like what has happened here at Ace, I would bet it was just some of the local teenagers that live near there

It's not the people who post on the forums that I am concerned about. It's the thousands of people who lurk, read the forums, and explore without contributing anything back to the group.

The ban on directions is meant to make it harder for the casual surfer to come on, find out how to get somewhere, and then ravage the place.

This site pushes out about 10gb and 50,000 hits per month. A lot of that I am sure are people looking for artifacts, or places to cause mischief.