Alien killed?

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Why are they never spotted in outer space? Why only in our atmosphere? Why is there no physical evidence on display? I hear they have been caught,buried ,craft found but I see nothing ,no captive specimens on TV.. I would presume this is because they can instantly vanish into places we can't follow them at any instant they choose. They want us to think their from out there and our friends when they are actually from right here and our sworn enemies. I don't think they really want us to "Take them to our leader" I think they want to be our leader. I presume that when they expose themselves globally it will be with the message that we spend way to much time and energy fighting with each other and if we would just turn the planet over to them they can do a much better job of running us then we can,after all they are light years ahead of us.
A wise old man (My Pop Pop) gave me some good advice when i was a kid.He said "Never trust a Fart" I guess if I can't even trust my own body why would I trust little green men from anywhere.If I ever run into one I"ll judge his character by seeing if He is dumb enough to pull my finger.If so why would I trust the world to them?
This is probably the end of this conversation

HankG

Scout
Dec 14, 2019
where i am
Why do you say they are never spotted in outer space? Aside from the fact that many sightings are such that it is difficult if not impossible to determine distance, there are a number of interesting accounts from astronauts who said they have seen something strange..but I can't comment on that, really......but let's assume that they only show up in our atmosphere, for the sake of discussion...I can't pretend to know why that might be....but ignorance doesn't amount to an argument...for the record, I'm agnostic as to where these things come from..perhaps they are man-made? I admit that this possibility is riddled with difficulties...but we are dealing with something highly strange...the truth of the matter won't fit snugly with what we think we know....

I don't understand why you think these things are sinister....they have been reported by reliable witnesses since at least the 1940s, and I'm not aware of any hostility on their part...

HankG

Scout
Dec 14, 2019
where i am
Alien abductions where people have reported they have done very painful experiments on them is not sinister?

Hmm...well, I like to disentangle the UFO phenomenon from the abduction phenomenon. There is compelling evidence for the former; I'm not so sure about the latter.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
As somebody observed in the comments, YouTube doesn't seem to understand what a "trailer" is. This is just a clip from the movie, not a trailer.

It's been awhile since I watched the whole film (I should do that again), but he finds boxes of those sunglasses in a mysterious old church and discovers that they they reveal the true nature of reality. So I think he's just reacting to the fact that when he looks down at the sidewalk, everything appears normal, but when he looks up he sees the real, hidden world. As we later learn, the aliens are completely integrated into our society and people in high places are cooperating with them and profiting. Turns out there's a TV transmitter that broadcasts a signal that alters the way normal people perceive the world, so Roddy and his pal have to take that out. They succeed but die trying, after being double-crossed by just about everybody. Then the film ends with a quick 10-second scene that's good for a big laugh. Sorry for the spoilers, but that's a really old movie anyway. ;)

That film was made in 1998 and although I've never much cared for John Carpenter's other films, I think this one is brilliant (although he could have made his point with less violence). And, IMO, what he is trying to say has nothing to do with aliens...

Reactions: bobpbx

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
FWIW, I just watched this film again, and even when viewing this scene in context, the part where he looks down at the sidewalk doesn't make much sense - he doesn't yet know about the aliens at that moment. Maybe it's an attempt to convey his confusion and frustration after finding so many boxes of sunglasses.

Oh well... Rowdy Roddy Piper was a pro wrestler, not a member of the Royal Shakespeare Company. :D BTW, he was only 61 years old when he died of a heart attack in 2015, which was sad.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
FWIW, I just watched this film again, and even when viewing this scene in context, the part where he looks down at the sidewalk doesn't make much sense - he doesn't yet know about the aliens at that moment. Maybe it's an attempt to convey his confusion and frustration after finding so many boxes of sunglasses.

Yes. I wanted to say something about still not understanding after your last post, but sometimes you gotta know when to let it go, so I bowed out.

Reactions: Boyd

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Nice job of taking a couple sentences from of a long interview and turning them into a sensational headline. ;)

"(CNN) Aliens definitely exist, Britain's first astronaut has said -- and it's possible they're living among us on Earth but have gone undetected so far."

Here's the original interview the CNN article is based on

• Haha
Reactions: HankG

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
82135117_3128423424050272_3725419280674586624_n.jpg

HankG

Scout
Dec 14, 2019
where i am

I listened to the pertinent portion....I defer back to the points I raised here previously...

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
I was as skeptical of UFOs as the next guy... until I had my own sighting (in the pinelands, no less)....

See the other thread.