aat.jpg

aau.jpg

aav.jpg

aaw.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Nice shots of the tree frog Bill! It looked like it was loving it. Al looks like he was having a good time too, finding a bare footed woman in the woods and all :)

Guy

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
Before the sound survey and related photos above, Al and I took a late-afternoon stroll through some wetter sections of Penn Swamp. Here are a few images ...

baa.jpg

bab.jpg

bac.jpg

bad.jpg

pennswampduskb.jpg

It was simply a lovely, surreal evening.

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
pbtf.jpg

We'll be returning to the best frog haven in the barrens tomorrow evening (if all goes as planned) with a special guest along for company.

May the wonkers be with us.

Whip

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
Nice pics. Speaking of the pines at night, was there supposed to be a meteor shower last weekend? I was in the back of Bamber Lake Saturday and saw a huge one stretch the length of the entire sky. It had a long tail and was very bright. Only saw one though and it wasnt your average shooting star.

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
There are plenty more photos to sort through from tonight's lovely evening (on all counts) near Friendship, but the alarm is set for an obscene morning hour considering the current one.

Wonk! Wonk!

treefrogb.jpg

pads1.jpg

treefroga.jpg

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
Beautiful tree frog photos Bill. So tell us, who was the special guest?

Thanks, Bob.

All members of the Wonkers Fan Club (current WFC membership tally: four) are required to reveal themselves (if so desired). It is understandable that one might not wish to do so considering the unbalanced nature of the characters* who founded the club.

Whip

*Alfie and yers truly

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Thanks, Bob.

All members of the Wonkers Fan Club (current WFC membership tally: four) are required to reveal themselves (if so desired). It is understandable that one might not wish to do so considering the unbalanced nature of the characters* who founded the club.

Whip

*Alfie and yers truly

my wife is the third member.Will number four stand up?????

glowordz

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
SC
www.gloriarepp.com

A Friendship bog of piney frogs
—The loveliest I’ve seen—
Their swirling shrill and sqwonking songs
Rise through the leafy green.

I’m pining for that barren land
Of sumptuous swamps and sugar sand,
And in my dreams, the sweet Skit croons
Of gleaming bogs and froggy tunes.

. . . WFC member

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
Glo, You're number 4? I have to say that a trip in the woods with those two would be well worth the trip up from S.C. You could store up enough mental material for another book!

glowordz

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
SC
www.gloriarepp.com
Glo, You're number 4? I have to say that a trip in the woods with those two would be well worth the trip up from S.C. You could store up enough mental material for another book!

Actually, I happened to be in the neighborhood: in VA, which is only 400 miles away. But you are right, Oji, it was memorable, and I spent the trip back recording my impressions to use later on. You never know when you might need a bog scene, complete with frogs, an intrepid Alfie, and a gallant Whippoorbill.

Glo

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
http://teegate.njpinebarrens.com/whi...poorbill_2.zip

The link should connect one to an old recording (posted elsewhere on the forum; I copied it here) captured at the same bog the WFC members visited Monday evening. Several more recordings were taken Monday, both by Gloria and myself. I have hours worth. (Not enough; I'll be back for more Saturday night.)

I'm relieved Gloria revealed herself as the 4th member. Alfie and I tried to remain on our best behavior while presenting her to the wonkers, but one never knows what impression he is making. Intrepid, gallant ... lol; she's being nice. But there was no hiding her loving the frogs.