Anybody Want to Live in Pasadena?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Guy, Were there any markers for these plots of land?

The maps have some text on them that I can't read or I may be able to compare them with some of the survey maps I have of that area. I have never looked for any markers because I can't read all the text.

I can say that I know where the Clevenger house was located since it is shown on a few of my maps and mentioned in some survey field notes. The problem is my maps give away some info on the rarest of rare stones that I am not willing to show. I am wondering if the Clevenger house could have been the Post office at one time???

Guy

The maps have some text on them that I can't read or I may be able to compare them with some of the survey maps I have of that area. I have never looked for any markers because I can't read all the text.

I can say that I know where the Clevenger house was located since it is shown on a few of my maps and mentioned in some survey field notes. The problem is my maps give away some info on the rarest of rare stones that I am not willing to show. I am wondering if the Clevenger house could have been the Post office at one time???

Guy

Guy:

Any time you want to see the prints of those plat plans I have in my collection, just let me know. The lettering is readable on the ones I have here.

Best regards,
Jerseyman

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Guy:

Any time you want to see the prints of those plat plans I have in my collection, just let me know. The lettering is readable on the ones I have here.

Best regards,
Jerseyman

I can't read the bearing and distances, and if I could I could compare them to the surveys I have. It looks like the word "stone" on one of the lines.

Guy

diggersw

Scout
Dec 4, 2003
Freehold Area
Visit site
oji:

To answer your questions in order, here are my responses:

1. The developers platted the land and filed the resultant plans with Ocean County. Years ago, I sent TeeGate digital photos of the filed plans and he may still have those files. If so, perhaps he can supply a link to them in this thread.

2. I am not aware of any homes constructed on any of the building lots except, possibly, the home where the caretaker of Brooksbrae lived. Like so many other Pine Barren land schemes, I believe this one entered the delivery room moribund or even stillborn.

3. Incorporation and construction of the Brooksbrae Brick Company occurred about 16 years after the Pasadena development had flickered and died, so its presence on the landscape there had no bearing on the earlier development plans.

Best regards,
Jerseyman

Jerseyman,
An additional chapter in the whole Pasadena affair includes an early twentieth century development that was later platted with Ocean County called Red Oak Park. Ironically, the development was situated near the former Red Oak Grove placename, and contained the southwest portion of the former Pasadena / Wheatland Improvement Company property.

The interesting thing about your post (article) is that the Pasadena development was touted as a health resort. Unless lymes is good for your health, I cannot see the merit of a health resort in the pine barrens.

Scott

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Jerseyman,

Could you get me at least one of those distances and bearings on the map you scanned for me years ago? The third map at the links above.

Guy