Anyone else seen this website?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I hope they are not serious about the question on the front page. If they think there is no place to ride now, imagine what it would have been like if the Commission was not there. I am not for people telling others what to do with their property, but somewhere we have to draw the line in this state. Homeowners need to be respected more when it comes to altering their property, but the builders have to be watched closely or there will not be one piece of property without a house.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
The man who created that site is going about it the wrong way. You don't build consensus by personal attacks. He'll learn after awhile that sometimes you absolutely need diplomacy. I am a strong proponent of off-road vehicle parks, and would contribute "something" if were not for that.

:(

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
Use the $ 4 Million per year that used to go to the Pinelands Commissions Salaries and put it towards Open Space and Public Land use.

1. $4,000,000 from the previous Pinelands Commission salaries.

2. $300.00 per year per adult rider x's 7,500 riders ($2,250,000.00).

3. $75.00 per year per child rider x's 4,500 riders ($337,500.00).

Total annual operating budget... $6,587,500.00

Is this a joke?

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I'd be willing to bet that $6M wouldn't even pay for liability insurance for one year on a privately owned ORV park.

I find it interesting that he's going after the Pinelands Commission and saying that they should be disbanded and their funding given to the DEP, yet it's really been the DEP that has dragged their feet with finding places for these parks.

I also echo Bob's sentiments. Putting up a site like that and sounding like a lunatic that is frothing at the mouth is not going to help riders. Posting the salaries of all of the Pinelands Commission members, while legal since it's public knowledge, is a pretty lousy thing to do.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I have sympathy for ATV riders, but that site makes them look really bad. The person has no clue what the pines would be like if there were not restrictions and people to impose them on some of the insane plans people have.

Guy

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
I like the way he aligns his group with anglers and hunters to pad the numbers on how much they contribute.It's like saying me and Bill Gates earn a combined 45 billion dollars a year.

jburd641

Explorer
Jan 16, 2008
Port Charlotte, Fl.
I was wondering why the salaries of the members of the PC are published. I don't begrudge these people their pay. Most of them are highly educated people who, when you consider that they live and work in a very expensive state, don't make huge amounts of money. I would understand if they were double dippers but if not, what's the big deal?
Just my opinion.

jburd641

Explorer
Jan 16, 2008
Port Charlotte, Fl.
Pinelands Commission Full-Time Employee Benefits

No cost health insurance for employees and eligible dependents
Voluntary dental plan
Generous leave allowance
Membership in the New Jersey Public Employees' Retirement System (contributions made with "pre-tax" dollars)
Voluntary deferred compensation program (contributions made with "pre-tax" dollars)
Voluntary annuity program
No cost health insurance for retirees with 25 years service credit
May be eligible for 50% payment of earned sick leave, up to $15,000 upon retirement

Excuse me but someone has to please explain what about this benefits package I'm supposed to throw my arms up and say "you got to be kidding me!!" about.
The more I read the more I dislike about that site.

Trailhead00

Explorer
Mar 9, 2005
Haddonfield, NJ
I don't necessarily agree with the website but I guess someone is trying. I just don't think it is the right approach. Some good points are made though. The part about the guy talking about how ATV's use older 2 stroke technology and have "dirty" running engines. That is not true. You can no longer purchase a 2 stroke ATV in the United States, I believe 2005 or 2006 was the last year. Most of them had switched to four strokes anyway. I have stated before my Yamaha has dual overhead cams and a five valve head. There is a lot of technology on my ATV, that is stuff that comes on Formula 1 race cars. The manufacturers have also changed exhaust systems to make them run quieter and also changed carburetor parts to make it more difficult to alter the fuel system. Of course those that race will change that stuff but for the average rider those emission and sound restriction devices will stay on there.