Apple Pie Hill Tower Smashed Again

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
The only problem with the information you found is that it probably won't hold up when it comes to court. That piece of paper could have come from anywhere. Depending on how far the dumpers want to take it, circumstantial evidence is pretty much useless.

Since you said about the search on myspace, I have been checking it out and gleaned a bunch of info. This is much better evidence, although a good lawyer could probably get that thrown out as well. I do have friends in law enforcement and I will be sending some info along. Wouldn't it be nice if we could get at least some of these kids to stop???

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
One approach would be going to google.com and clicking on advanced search. Type Apple Pie Hill into "All these words" and myspace.com into "Search within a site or domain". You will get a lot of hits, although many will not be relevant.

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
Hi Mike. If you go to myspace.com there is a search box on the top right. Click on the little arrow next to the box and choose "MySpace". Type in Apple Pie Hill and hit "search".

After the search is complete you can also choose whether you want to see video or images or whatever.

I DID notice that some of the content is now not there...

can't say if you're old or not as most of ya'll don't include the year of birth in your profiles...

but anyway, it's a real shame about the tower. one of my top 10 favorite places in the pines. i would hate to see a fence go up around it. i've had great fun in climbing a good number of the adirondack towers, but there's only a few left in the pines that are still accessible. granted, most of the adirondack towers have to be hiked to for miles and miles so most of the trash at theses sites are just small scattered litter. no trash would be great, but sure is better than smashed tv's.
some days it's great to bike or hike to the tower on apple pie hill, but sometimes it sure is great to just drive up , check out the area and take a nice climb up the tower without walking for a few miles.

anyway, a fence in that part of the woods isn't going to stop anybody that wants to get in.

:muffin:

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
Mike, the problem with that is you used someone else's SSN and basically stole THEIR identity, even if you never use it again. When I was in NY someone did exactly what you did. Altered two numbers of their SSN and wound up with my sister's number. The person wound up with some kind of ticket or violation and it took months for her to straighten out her number.

Two things damkayaker:
1. So you didn't post your age on this forum because you believe that by doing so your identity may be stolen? Lying about your age on the NJPineBarrens forum is not at all like lying about your ss# for a fishing license. One is illegal and the other is not.

2. You completely passed the buck and stole someone else's ss#. You where so concerned about your own identity theft that you would risk a stranger's by using yours on the dreaded carbon copy.

I believe you aptly used this: :siren:

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
I was going to post the :siren: but thought twice. Although I was thinking it, I did not want to discourage someone who made a youthful mistake.

Then came the
I HATE IDENTITY THEFT
remark.

I have the feeling that you, Mike, are young (probably half the reason of you not wanting to post your age) and are not fully aware of what you did. No one ever plans to get a ticket or get in trouble. Butit happens. ANd when it does, you are not only taking a risk of someone finding out that you lied, you are chancing jamming someone else up. In my opinion, only someone either really young and not capable of understanding the consequences of their actions, or someone that really just doesn't give a shit would do that. I am keeping my fingers crossed that, because you are here on this site, you must have some interest in, if not love of the pines. And that would put you in the youth category.

Because I can forgive youth and ignorance.

But not indifference.