Attention NJ Forest Fire Service

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The more you find out about all of the things they do you realize they are the biggest offender of damaging the pines. Let you and I try that and see what happens.

I just find it odd that they stopped where they did.

Guy

freerider

Explorer
Jan 3, 2008
Let the Pines be as they were meant they can take care of themselves.

The forest guys should go protect the land around someones home.

Otherwise keep your hands off the Pines.

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
The East Plains haven't escaped the wrath of the plow either. The Fire Service beat the hell out of a few areas there too. One in particular is the break just above Governors Pond (The Watering Hole) along the range boundary. It looks like a small canal was built.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
The East Plains haven't escaped the wrath of the plow either. The Fire Service beat the hell out of a few areas there too. One in particular is the break just above Governors Pond (The Watering Hole) along the range boundary. It looks like a small canal was built.

Do you mean the cedar swamp? I am getting pretty freaking mad just sitting here thinking of where you mean.

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Do you mean the cedar swamp? I am getting pretty freaking mad just sitting here thinking of where you mean.

Bobpbx, I was referring to the posted break before the gates. It is bad. There are more similar to this..
gouge.jpg

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
My exp has been people making decisions over the pine barrens and its species have no idea what they are talking about...but then again this seems to be the case with everything these days from our president down.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Jeff and I walked through that swamp a few years back. The cut area was first established after the big fire but the digging is something that was not there before.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
That is so lame. Thanks Gibby. Nice shot of a beautiful land marred up.

May I clip your photo and send it to some people?

Also, did they do it off range in the plains also?

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I wonder though, if the range management either did it on thier own, or if they told the fire service to do that. Inquiring minds now want to know.

freerider

Explorer
Jan 3, 2008
I admire the desire to contact the state about these concerns.

I have brought matters of concern to DEP and local Concervation folks, including the illegal and dangerous shooting and I was told to mind my own business and stay out of the area.

When I asked for DEP to pick up all the trash I have cleared several times from range road and the pit and pther parts of the plains. I was told there was no money to have a truck to pick it up.