Be Careful Out There

Rooftree

Explorer
Mar 24, 2017
Haddon Township
I was in the Pines yesterday where I did some minimal bushwhacking without the use of Permethrin protection. Being March, I never gave any thought about using it. Well, I found a tick on me when I got home. It didn't take me too long in getting one of those babies. I'm going to the store tomorrow to buy a new supply.

Be careful, their already out.

Ron

I just gave a pair of shoes, socks and pants a good permethrin soaking this afternoon. :)

I almost posted yesterday asking has anyone seen ticks lately? None yet here in area just west of Bridgeton: its like waiting for the other shoe to drop.
It's spring, it's spring, the forsythia blooming and the #%*% invasive ivy, brambles and weeds are growing.
My neighbor has started taking his Harley instead of his truck to work so I hear that sweet, deep engine in the a.m.
Time to get the Sawyers spray out.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I went out yesterday in regular clothes and then did the permethrin treatment when I got back. Right after I made the post above, I found a tick crawling up my belly, looking for his dinner. :mad:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Watch for thrush. My daughter got that after being on antibiotics that long and the thrush was worse than anything.

Please note that the bulls eye rash occurs in less than half the cases of Lyme disease. Any time you have a reddened, itchy area around a tick bite suspect a tick-borne illness. The most recent case of possible disease I had was caused by a tiny nymph stage tick so small I could not identify it. Didn't know it was there until the itching started.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I have a red, itchy spot around every tick bite, even if it has only been on me for a few minutes. I also had the "bullseye" once, and have read that it is not a sure sign of Lyme disease. Whatever, I'm almost 70, have never consulted a physician about tick bites and I'm still alive. But if you are concerned, of course it's best to seek medical attention.

Reactions: Jersey Jeff