Big Tree

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I was in a cemetery in North Jersey today, and saw this. The picture does not really do it justice. It is hugh.

IMG_9051.JPG

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
There is nothing there mentioning anything about it. Two people could not touch hands around it...not even close.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Where in North Jersey?

A secret :) I am doing research for an article on this site, and to correct and uncover a little history. I drove for 4 hours today to get some photo's.

Guy

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Doesn't look like a maple to me, but the bark on larger trees has fooled me before. Yellow poplar (AKA tuliptree) maybe???

I think tulip is a good guess. I think I might go with Locust though, just based on the bark. I seems a little more furrowed and dark that most tulips.

Jeff

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Would your research have anything to do with pine barrens ancestry?

Not really.

It may be a while before I can it done because I have more places to visit first. I need more info...or I should say I want more info on this. I have to take off from work for this, and with a doctors appointment one week, Jury Duty another, and a few other things coming up, I have problems taking off more than one day in any one week from work.

Guy

It may be a while before I can it done because I have more places to visit first. I need more info...or I should say I want more info on this. I have to take off from work for this, and with a doctors appointment one week, Jury Duty another, and a few other things coming up, I have problems taking off more than one day in any one week from work.

Guy

Guy:

Obviously, I have no idea what you are researching, but it must be serious to make you drive 4 hours to a site outside the Pines!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If I can offer you any advice or suggestions for your research, please feel free to contact me via pm or email. Of course, all of the resources in my library are at your complete disposal--just let me know what you need.

Best regards,
Jerseyman

Oct 25, 2006
One last guess,a four hour drive would put you at the new jersey-new york border,and the thornton line was the cause of border wars between the two states.Hoping you find the time you need to finish your project.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Guy:

Obviously, I have no idea what you are researching, but it must be serious to make you drive 4 hours to a site outside the Pines!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If I can offer you any advice or suggestions for your research, please feel free to contact me via pm or email. Of course, all of the resources in my library are at your complete disposal--just let me know what you need.

Best regards,
Jerseyman

I did write you and ask a question but never received a reply. I will PM you again.

Guy