Botanists of Yesteryear

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Jerseyman,

At the Pine Barren Short courses today, Walt Bien gave a presentation on Fire's effects in the pines. He had this same exact photo in his powerpoint collection and he did indeed say they were Botanists.

watermark.php

Jerseyman,

At the Pine Barren Short courses today, Walt Bien gave a presentation on Fire's effects in the pines. He had this same exact photo in his powerpoint collection and he did indeed say they were Botanists.

Bob:

Did Walt say where he obtained the photograph or provide any additional information about it? If not, I think I will contact him through Mark D. It’s a real shame that the commission did not ask Mark to conduct an encore presentation at the Short Course.

Best regards,
Jerseyman

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Maybe he acquired them from this site?????

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Bob:

Did Walt say where he obtained the photograph or provide any additional information about it? If not, I think I will contact him through Mark D. It’s a real shame that commission did not ask Mark to conduct an encore presentation.

Best regards,
Jerseyman

No, I didn't ask him Jerseyman. Go ahead and ask him. But go easy on him. I like him a lot.

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
Walt certainly is quite a guy. After a short walk at Wells Mills one day, he handed me a list of over a dozen species of Sphagnum Moss he identified on the site. I'm happy to just be able to ID it as sphagnum!

No harm done, no foul received. The crazy Cossack spoke with Walt today and, as Guy suggested, he pulled the image from here. So, we are no closer to solving the mystery. However, Walt and Mark both suggested that I show the images to Ted Gordon, so I will take the originals to the booksigning next week.

Best regards,
Jerseyman

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We should come up with some sort of logo, that when an old photo or map is posted, it has the NJPinebarrens.com text on it. If one wanted to they could just take it and layer it over the intended file using a paint program before uploading.

Guy

We should come up with some sort of logo, that when an old photo or map is posted, it has the NJPinebarrens.com text on it. If one wanted to they could just take it and layer it over the intended file using a paint program before uploading.

Guy

Guy:

This is an excellent idea and I have seen it done on other websites. Not only would it offer some rudimentary protection for individual’s images, but it would also serve as advertisement for Ben’s NJPineBarrens site.

Let me know if you can add such a feature to the photo tools here.

Best regards,
Jerseyman

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Yes, before things get uploaded someone could manually watermark them. I could have the gallery do it as well, but then it would end up doing it for members photos too.

It's trivial to cut out a watermark from an image, and if it's something that's in the public domain, I don't mind if people take from here because, hey, I had to get it from somewhere myself.