Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
IMG_3085a.jpg

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
It was nice to have you along on our trip today. As soon as the last vehicle left at the end of the day, the rain started falling.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I enjoyed being there. You and Mark add quite a bit of lightness to things which is always nice. I wished I could have stayed to to the end but I had to leave.

It is funny about the rain. I left there and by the time I hit Magnolia on the White Horse Pike it was raining hard. My wife is going to use my car for a few days so I went to the car wash in the rain. I was the only one there obviously.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I wanted to be out in the barrens before sunrise this morning; however, I either did not hear my alarm or it never went off, and I did not get out there until 6. My goal was to photograph a Turks Cap Lilly and I was able to do that. This one is not as nice as the one Al and I found years ago but I believe I have better photo's of it. This one is partially eaten.

It's location, hidden in quite a bit of vegetation.

IMG_3151a.jpg

The view from below.

IMG_3138a.jpg

Side view

IMG_3140a.jpg

The white orchids are out there even though where I was they are for the most part not ready and they are small.

IMG_3124a.jpg

However, the Yellow Crested Orchids seem to be doing well this year compared to last year. I saw more of them and a few nice clusters.

IMG_3199a.jpg

IMG_3204a.jpg

I had problem focusing on everything today because once the camera lens became cold from my water bottle I had to keep wiping it to remove the mist.

IMG_3116a.jpg

Guy

Reactions: Gibby

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
I was walking through Penn this afternoon and found the Deer flies to be relentless. Even with a hat and towel on my neck, I left after a short time, worn from their circling attack. Pickering's are blooming and the fringed and crested orchids will fully bloom shortly.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I was watching two teenagers who live in the pines pushing their skateboards while swatting the flies and they did not seem happy. They are pretty bad right now.

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Oji, I have an bouncing back and forth to where the False Asphodel picture was taken. It may be near an old cranberry farm or a furnace.;)

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I am not happy with any of my photo's but I will settle for this one. This is Platanthera ciliaris ... a more rare Orange or Yellow Crested Orchid. I have been told you can tell the difference by looking at the long spur and the nearly equal fringes.

IMG_3399a.jpg

Guy

Reactions: oji and Gibby