brookbrae question?

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Do you mean the white painted trees across from the entrance? They were like that over a decade ago.

location-on-the-road.jpg

Todd Hansell

Sep 15, 2016
Roslyn, PA
Hi there! New dude to this site, old dude to the Pines. When I was youngER (back in the late 1960s) My dad and I used to bottledig in the pines. Yeah yeah I know we are evil whatever... soooooo back then we used to call Brookbrae the Pasadena Terracotta Works. I am not sure how it ever got that name. When I got older I used to take friends there to explore. It was still very cool. Back in the 90s I moved to PA (Roslyn) and didn't get into the pines much. As I got older and I became a geocacher (I know... another evil lot) I would drive past the area and once in a while stop. By then the graffiti had started and also the paintballers. Both were not welcome in my book. Both show disrespect and disregard for history. Last time if was there was about 10 years ago... there was a big arrow on the road to show the trail. Interestingly enough I was exploring a trail from the ruins and heard a bunch of young children laughing... I continued to listen and heard them again... I looked all over and couldn't find them. Spooky! Happy Hunting..... Todd Toad Hansell!

Todd Hansell

Sep 15, 2016
Roslyn, PA
The only way the amount of children I heard would have gotten to the ruins was by bus and or cars and none were around besides me and two companions. We were just at the ruins and no one else was around. They sounded like they were just ahead of me and I never found them. Spooky but cool.

Reactions: manumuskin

Todd Hansell

Sep 15, 2016
Roslyn, PA
He sure was... he and his friends Dick Watson, Boyd Hitchner, Eddy Glassman, the Binders of Collingwood, etc (as well as others in their circle of friends) were pioneers in South Jersey bottle collecting. Sorry YES his name is Lee Hansell. He lived in Collingswood, Turnersville, and Marlton before moving south with my mother. Before he got married he lived in Audubon, Magnolia, and Haddonfield.

Last edited:

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
The only way the amount of children I heard would have gotten to the ruins was by bus and or cars and none were around besides me and two companions. We were just at the ruins and no one else was around. They sounded like they were just ahead of me and I never found them. Spooky but cool.
You are not that far from a house at the ruins.If you walk behind the ruins and look through the woods to the left you can make out a field that has a house at the far left side of it.if you heard noise coming from the south it may have been at this house.

Reactions: Todd Hansell

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I expect you will be hearing back from Oriental after you mentioned one of those names. And the bottles is a clue for sure.

Todd Hansell

Sep 15, 2016
Roslyn, PA
I did... When I was a kid the Watson and the Hansells were like family. It was very sad when Dick Watson passed a couple of years ago. Even sadder that I had to be the one to tell my dad and mom.

92 Blazer Jeff

Explorer
Aug 24, 2015
GLASSBORO,NJ
I took a ride out to Brookbrae today to take some pictures, it was my first time there.
A word of caution if you go during the week the dump trucks fly up & down that road
going to and from the sand plant.

Reactions: Todd Hansell