Buzby's is up for sale.....

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
I was there this morning and the coffee table was sold at 11am for $350. I spent $20 on a few things and their was a steady line of people waiting to pay for items when I left at 11:30. After walking through the whole house I can see why they lowered the price from $540k.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
After walking through the whole house I can see why they lowered the price from $540k.

Why do you say that? I'm just curious. I've never been in there but one time in the 1960's, but I remember she hired a master carpenter to do the work. That must count for something.

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
The house is well built and solid, but lacking in upgrades other than the windows have been replaced. The kitchen is on the second floor and small and pretty basic. The bath on the second floor is OK, but nothing fancy. The rooms are small with the exception of the room on the first floor that was once the store. I liked the house for its history and age, but when comparing it to homes in the $500 + range it just doesn’t add up. It also doesn’t seem to have much property either, but I couldn’t tell that for sure.

Reactions: bobpbx

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
The house is well built and solid, but lacking in upgrades other than the windows have been replaced. The kitchen is on the second floor and small and pretty basic. The bath on the second floor is OK, but nothing fancy. The rooms are small with the exception of the room on the first floor that was once the store. I liked the house for its history and age, but when comparing it to homes in the $500 + range it just doesn’t add up. It also doesn’t seem to have much property either, but I couldn’t tell that for sure.

The place was built in 1865, older homes usually had smaller rooms. My brother just bought a small ranch near Hammonton, built in 1904; rooms are small. as well. When Marilyn renovated the place the first floor remained the business, upstairs was the living space, hence the bath and kitchen up there. The place is on the national historic register. I'll be stopping there tomorrow to look over the leftovers ;)

https://library.stockton.edu/aboutspecialcollections/buzbycollection