Buzby's

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I saw this post on another site. Wishing the best to Marilyn.

"BUZBY's" CHATSWORTH GENERAL STORE
Many of you may already know that Buzby's has been closed for the past 4 months... due to Marilyn's health. She is still quite weak. But, she is a very good friend and we cannot possibly envision the 32nd annual Chatsworth Cranberry Festival without Buzby's being open. To this end, Jim and I will run the store for her - under her supervision :) for the 2 days - Saturday, October 15 and Sunday, October 16. Marilyn is having a 25% off sale. She will also have several of her original paintings available for purchase, as well as some antiques.

Please share this post so that I can share with Marilyn that you support her and wish her healthier days. We will be open from 8-4 on both Saturday and Sunday. PLEASE be sure to stop by and shop.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
How time flies, it's actually been more than five years…

WOW!! That makes me older than I thought I was :eek:

If I had the spare change, I would turn it into a gallery of and for the Pines. Peters Valley is the perfect model for such place. The asking price has not changed much, she probably put a lot into the renovation that, in these times, is not recoverable.

Stopped by the Cranberry Festival today just to go in one more time. Took the four year old with me, hopefully he'll remember it this time around. He got a snowy owl that makes real bird calls when you squeeze it, so he was thrilled with the deal.

It was really nice of Linda Stanton and her husband to have the place open one more time. Bill Sprouse was there today too. Still, it was really bizarre to walk in and not see Marilyn behind the counter.

14650315_10153777924881205_5896863524201613025_n.jpg

Time1865

Dec 4, 2011
Yesterday a friend said the owner was back in the hospital. Very sorry to hear.

It was a nice idea to rebuild the old place, but reality is it was not a wise investment. Not something many would like to hear. It was falling down for a reason. Hopefully someone can afford to buy it as a home, but the price has to really drop.