Calico ( Highway To Hell )

Oct 25, 2006
:D I feel exactly the same way all three of you guys feel, I am also a little gung ho at the present after being out of work for three months sitting home all the time during my recuperation, so i still have some cabin fever to get rid of. Bob stated you only live once, i say also, go for it, spring and summer in the woods should not be a deterrent, of course i always felt that way.

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
...and the smell of pitch pine on a hot summer day is nirvana.

Jeff

When I'm out on any warm day in the pines, one of the first things I almost always take is a deep breath of that pitch pine scent. Also, an added plus for my summer fishing trips is a dip in whatever stream or lake I happen to be on. A nap is usually included at some point also. If you ever see a guy anchored in the shade asleep in his canoe, it might be me!

autumn_mist

May 28, 2007
Pemberton, NJ
ticks (UGH)

You really have to be careful about those little buggers. A few weeks ago I was just out walking NEAR the woods and I found 15 of them on me.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
When I'm out on any warm day in the pines, one of the first things I almost always take is a deep breath of that pitch pine scent. Also, an added plus for my summer fishing trips is a dip in whatever stream or lake I happen to be on. A nap is usually included at some point also. If you ever see a guy anchored in the shade asleep in his canoe, it might be me!

I ran into a man a few years back who told me he was heading to a remote section of the woods to take a nap which he does all the time. Maybe you? Met him at Apple Pie Hill, and then shortly after at the RR tracks at Carranza.

Guy

Oct 25, 2006
Anyone going out around rt.539 and rt.72, they are paving rt.539 ( northbound side ) from rt.72, it's done to around Webb's Mills, the asphalt eater will be out on Monday.