Capewell Glass Negative Collection

Willceau Illo

Explorer
Feb 5, 2012
I guess the females were in the house???

Guy
Could be.

The wife and I were going back and forth as to whether the boys were all related. She didn't seem to think so. Maybe. Maybe not. Could be that Capewell was itching to expose a negative, and these kids were in the right place for a shot at posterity.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Nice photo of that house. The quality of the camera's back then were quite good.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Wouldn't you like to have that car today? I bet it would be worth quite a bit in good shape.

It looks like a cemetery next to the house next door.

Guy

Willceau Illo

Explorer
Feb 5, 2012

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Even the dog stayed still for that photo. They are dressed quite well. It must have been an important day.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Nice! I am happy to see your update was very interesting. It is always a treat when someone fills you in with things that help you along with a project.

Again, thanks for posting it.

Guy

Willceau Illo

Explorer
Feb 5, 2012
Nice! I am happy to see your update was very interesting. It is always a treat when someone fills you in with things that help you along with a project.

Again, thanks for posting it.

Guy
This is what I was hoping for! I figured that a relative or some other interested party would take notice, and it looks to have started!

Stay tuned - More pictures to come!!!

Willceau Illo

Explorer
Feb 5, 2012
It's sort of a wind-blown Gibson girl. Illustrator Charles Dana Gibson had popularized the style at the time in his many pen-and-ink drawings.