Capewell Glass Negative Collection

Willceau Illo

Explorer
Feb 5, 2012
Feeding the Chickens TODAY at Willceau Illo News!
http://willceau.com/news/2012/10/18/feeding-the-chickens/

I get a decent amount of traffic from the readers of this forum. Thank you! I appreciate it!

If you get a chance, spread the word. The more this gets around, the more information I gather about the Capewells and South Jersey 100 years ago. I'm amazed at the amount of information readers have provided!

Thanks again!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I guess the one on the right is standing that way because of the dog. Today, one would surely take a second shot.

Guy

Willceau Illo

Explorer
Feb 5, 2012
I guess the one on the right is standing that way because of the dog. Today, one would surely take a second shot.

Guy
Those plates were pricey back then and somewhat arduous to load. I'm amazed by the amount of plates he did shoot.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Love those shoes! And it is hard to believe but I remember as a kid some people still wearing coats with buttons like that. I just went through my moms photo's but could not find any with them though.

Guy

Willceau Illo

Explorer
Feb 5, 2012
Love those shoes! And it is hard to believe but I remember as a kid some people still wearing coats with buttons like that. I just went through my moms photo's but could not find any with them though.

Guy
Thanks for the comments and thanks for continuing to check out the glass negatives of John B. Capewell. I seem to get the most and the best traffic from this particular forum and I am grateful. I have a page for the negatives at Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Capewell-Glass-Negative-Collection/245696015513517
But, as I said, I get more traffic from here!
Reddit wasn't bad, but their gatekeepers got weird and what ever I posted there becomes invisible. This is irritating because I don't advertise on my site, and I don't think I abuse Reddit. I'm not doing it for money (although I wouldn't turn any down.) I'm doing it because Capewell's negatives should be seen. Reddit is supposed to be a place where people can find content. Here's some interesting content. Whoops. No sale.

So I'm grateful to you folks, and I've made this the first place I post to when I put up a new negative on Thursdays!

Thanks!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I always enjoy looking at the photo's and I am sure many others here do also as you basically mentioned. I have no doubt that without your work nobody would have viewed these photo's again.

Guy

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
There must be great anticipation, and then joy at seeing the next photo and then contemplating the who, where and when.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
If you think about it I only wish they were from where I grew up. Then I would have a better understanding of the photo's location and how things have changed.