Capewell Glass Negative Collection

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I would say the two woman were related in some way.

It is interesting to see that the mans shoes and maybe even the little girl's shoes are muddy. I guess everywhere they walked there was always mud unlike today with sidewalks.

Guy

Reactions: Willceau Illo

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
I can't even begin to image what it took to take that photograph, either a bit of patience or a large amount of treats. Just an observation, on my part, but if I knew something about what was in fashion during the first decades of the last century, I think it would be very easy to loosely date a dressed pet portrait based on what was typical for the time period. It is an adorable capture of the animal.

Btw -I always liked that classic 1905 photograph of a dapper bull dog with a beer.

Willceau Illo

Explorer
Feb 5, 2012
I can't even begin to image what it took to take that photograph, either a bit of patience or a large amount of treats. Just an observation, on my part, but if I knew something about what was in fashion during the first decades of the last century, I think it would very easy to loosely date a dressed pet portrait based on what was typical for the time period. It is an adorable capture of the animal.

Btw -I always liked that classic 1905 photograph of a dapper bull dog with a beer.
Thanks!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The wire on the right looks like some sort of cage or garden. I use both of those two types of wire on my garden.

Guy

Reactions: Willceau Illo