Chatsworth Atv park

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitingrider

Explorer
Jun 28, 2007
Whiting
Great, Russ. Either will work for me. Thursday is sunny, high temp of 45, Sat rain but 52. I think Ben may come, I hope to see Bobpbx, and BobNJ1979. Anyone who can make it, don't be afraid to chime in.
Tom

G. Russell Juelg

Explorer
Jul 31, 2006
Burlington County
I thought you wanted to go.
Russ, the 23rd it is. We will have a good time and I promise no environments will be harmed.
Tom

10-4. Thanks, Tom. I will be out of town until Wednesday evening, but I may get on line again. So, Saturday, the 23rd, around mid-afternoon, at your place, right? If you want to call me to give the address, you can reach me or my voice mail at 609-859-8860 ext. 23. If you teach me how to operate the vehicle, I'll buy you a beer.

Russ

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Hmmm.....6 for a jeep or truck, only me for a quad. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

The question of doubt has been resolved today. I went out at the last minute. They are not trucks, they are huge ATV's and Dune Buggies. Like this:

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outdoor/products/modelhome/601/0/home.aspx

The tracks were 24" apart inside to inside. My truck is 48" inside to inside. They were not trucks in that bog. Two dune buggies and a large ATV came along as I was leaving. They had a ball tearing up the creek that the road goes through, like they were in disneyland. I left without a confrontation. Notice the muddy creek which would be clear cedar water if not for the horsing around. Also notice the lube or grease from the wheels in the last shot. The place is out of control.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Oct 25, 2006
The question of doubt has been resolved today. I went out at the last minute. They are not trucks, they are huge ATV's and Dune Buggies. Like this:

The tracks were 24" apart inside to inside. My truck is 48" inside to inside. They were not trucks in that bog. Two dune buggies and a large ATV came along as I was leaving. They had a ball tearing up the creek that the road goes through, like they were in disneyland. I left without a confrontation. Notice the muddy creek which would be clear cedar water if not for the horsing around. Also notice the lube or grease from the wheels in the last shot. The place is out of control.

What they did there Bob is totally irresponsible and disgusting, great investigating.

Jim

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
What a butchering. Bob, is this WMA property? You could contact fish game on this. Those guys have a reputation for being real tough on riders (I know first hand). I could see those guys lying in wait for these irresponsible people.

There is another possibility also. I will PM you.

Jeff

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
You have to do something Bob. That is beyond reasonable riding. I hope Jeff has a good suggestion.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Bob,

If it is WMA property send me a PM with the location and I will contact the person I know from the WMA. I am sure they can do something. They would have a direct interest in this I am sure.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
What a butchering. Bob, is this WMA property? You could contact fish game on this. Those guys have a reputation for being real tough on riders (I know first hand). I could see those guys lying in wait for these irresponsible people.

There is another possibility also. I will PM you.Jeff

Got your PM, thanks Jeff. The property belongs to NJ Convservation Foundation. They do know about it now.

BobNJ1979

Explorer
May 31, 2007
Bob, that is sickening seeing that. i can ASSURE you that is being done by ignorant A-holes who are not the majority of the off-road community. if i were to show that to ppl in our riding club, we would be out there hiding the next day waiting to grab those guys and hold them till 5-0 showed up. and the fact that its on NJ Conservation land, even worse ! there's supposed to be no motorized vehicles on that land, right ? not even a regular car on a dirt road.. purely disgraceful.. almost makes you sick looking at it. and the Fish and Game Officers would hog tie those culprits and drag them out by their ankles.. i really hope this is taken care of.. good job figuring it out Bob.. good job ....

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Bob, that is sickening seeing that. i can ASSURE you that is being done by ignorant A-holes who are not the majority of the off-road community. if i were to show that to ppl in our riding club, we would be out there hiding the next day waiting to grab those guys and hold them till 5-0 showed up. and the fact that its on NJ Conservation land, even worse ! there's supposed to be no motorized vehicles on that land, right ? not even a regular car on a dirt road.. purely disgraceful.. almost makes you sick looking at it. and the Fish and Game Officers would hog tie those culprits and drag them out by their ankles.. i really hope this is taken care of.. good job figuring it out Bob.. good job ....

I don't mean to dampen the enthusiasm of other riders. It certainly has nothing to do with responsible riding. The people who do this are just ignorant, in more ways than one. I have never seen a motorcycle do any damage. They are a bear to pull out of the mud, I know.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
If this is NJ Conservation Foundation land, the only people who can do anything are the police, right? Conservation Officers or Rangers don't have jurisdiction, right?

I wonder how motivated the police would be to do anything.

ZZ3GMC

Scout
Sep 19, 2003
Pemberton
Visit site
Do the NJ Park Police have jurisdiction there? I cant stand seeing stuff like that! Does it seem to be a regular weekend thing? Is it accesible by dualsport bike legaly? They WONT get away from me! On another note, while working on my clubs enduro today, I was stopped by a NJ Park Police officer, who checked my paperwork then sent me on my way. An hour later in the same area, a group of 4wd jeeps and trucks came into the area we were parked at and tore up a mud hole. It would have been nice if that officer was there then. I also found out that the park police are going to purchase a few DRZ400 dualsports and Polaris Razrs to patrol with.

BobNJ1979

Explorer
May 31, 2007
If this is NJ Conservation Foundation land, the only people who can do anything are the police, right? Conservation Officers or Rangers don't have jurisdiction, right?

I wonder how motivated the police would be to do anything.

Could we do a citizens arrest ? if so, i'm in.. where does one buy those spikes you can throw to blow out ppl's tires..? i've seen the police use them.. if we got enough of us out there, those A-holes would be in "deep mud".

BobNJ1979

Explorer
May 31, 2007
. I also found out that the park police are going to purchase a few DRZ400 dualsports and Polaris Razrs to patrol with.

you should sign up Rob ! i just hope none of the rangers get injured trying to chase some illegal riders.. that would be bad.

TheBronzeMan

Dec 9, 2007

No... it not NJCF property... It's private property and if you were on it... then you were trespassing!

Also the oily residue in the water isn’t from off roads vehicles, but decomposing plants.

Or another way to look at it is those tracks are going to create an abundance of new life in a dieing bog.

Russell... It’s this the same place "Watershed Fred" aka: Fred Akers loves to go to shoot all his Anti ATV stuff?

TheBronzeMan

Status
Not open for further replies.