CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I was getting tired of driving home from work, because I cannot work from home, and seeing it look like a mall parking lot at Black Run Preserve. I can appreciate getting out of the house but it seemed way too crowded there in the parking area. Evesham Twp police had to put up no parking signs to show people where not to park on Kettle Run.
I felt they should have closed the paths and not the roads. But i guess they would have a hard time discerning who is driving thru and who is stopping and walking around. Obviously people trying to get to WMA inside Wharton and other areas, may have a hard time justifying being there if it is not for hunting.
Black Run is now closed Pope.

SpineyPiney

Scout
Jan 15, 2013
I wasn’t intending to sound callous with my post. We’re taking this very seriously here. My wife has an MSN and she knows nurses who are sick or just plain worn out already from 4-5 12 hour shifts a week and personally knows a couple nurses that worked under the nurse manager from NYC that died a little while back. Luckily, she got out of working the hospital floors last year and took a college faculty position. She’s been working from home since the 16th, I haven’t taken any work and we’ve been holed up here since my kids’ last day of school on the 17th. Except for bike rides and working/playing around in the yard we really haven’t left our 4 walls and fenced yard. The only 2 people I’ve come anywhere near besides my family are the gas attendant, which I closed my window with a $20 bill hanging out of it before I pulled in so no change or direct contact, just shouting through the window and to have someone at the Flying Fish brewery put beer in the bed of my truck. Other than that we’ve had all our groceries delivered and take the proper precautions before bringing it inside.

HankG

Scout
Dec 14, 2019
where i am
Tell that to someone who has lost a loved one because someone else couldn't just stay inside for a while.

I had to gather myself for sometime before responding to this post....

but I understand your concern here..believe me...and I didn't mean to come across in an insensitive way.....you run a great site..and you seem nice enough....

but I lost my older brother to this disease 3 weeks ago, so I don't take this thing lightly....i have nightmares about it and you will notice... I hope... that I didnt suggest that people shouldnt take the utmost precaution when going to the State Parks....Common sense isn't too common, but it goes a long way....I truly believe what I said..that the "solution" will prove to be worse than the virus itself, but for you to suggest that I am therefore devaluing human life is frankly a thoughtless thing to say...ok, I've said my peace. Off to bed....and off to the woods tomorrow to live life...in the fullest...Good night!

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I had to gather myself for sometime before responding to this post....

but I understand your concern here..believe me...and I didn't mean to come across in an insensitive way.....you run a great site..and you seem nice enough....

but I lost my older brother to this disease 3 weeks ago, so I don't take this thing lightly....i have nightmares about it and you will notice... I hope... that I didnt suggest that people shouldnt take the utmost precaution when going to the State Parks....Common sense isn't too common, but it goes a long way....I truly believe what I said..that the "solution" will prove to be worse than the virus itself, but for you to suggest that I am therefore devaluing human life is frankly a thoughtless thing to say...ok, I've said my peace. Off to bed....and off to the woods tomorrow to live life...in the fullest...Good night!

I'm sorry for your loss.

popeofthepines

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Atco
Black Run is now closed Pope.

ok. when i drove past last night after work, about 520-530, it was still open but there were barriers there that looked like they were going to close it soon or they were going to corral people better concerning parking. And of course there were people all about.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Just noticed this on the NJDEP website, don't think it was there yesterday.

https://www.njfishandwildlife.com/wmas.htm

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Just noticed this on the NJDEP website, don't think it was there yesterday.

https://www.njfishandwildlife.com/wmas.htm

We're doomed. Turkey season will now be mixed with Mom, Dad, the kids and Fido holding hands and singing, John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt ! :(

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
We're doomed. Turkey season will now be mixed with Mom, Dad, the kids and Fido holding hands and singing, John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt ! :(

Yo, where's your favorite turkey shooting gallery. I'll post it on the pines section in Facebook. I'll tell them there's a nice lake there, along with scenic vistas, easy walking paths, and even a baby changing station. :D

• Haha
Reactions: RednekF350 and Boyd

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Yo, where's your favorite turkey shooting gallery. I'll post it on the pines section in Facebook. I'll tell them there's a nice lake there, along with scenic vistas, easy walking paths, and even a baby changing station. :D
Fortunately, Bob, I hunt private land for the most part. I do have a late season D Week permit that starts May 11. I intend to use that permit in Wharton and I hope things might be loosened up by Mr. Ed a little bit by then.

Last edited:

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Just received this from Fish and Wildilfe. Refunds of turkey permit fees will be given for those zones that are heavily covered by State Forests, like where I live in Zone 15. I have a D week permit in 15.

The COVID-19 virus has affected New Jersey in many extraordinary ways. The recent closure of NJ State Parks and Forests will impact the Spring wild turkey hunting season in multiple areas throughout the state.

When setting permit quotas for each Turkey Hunting Area (zone), the Division of Fish and Wildlife works to ensure an enjoyable season with limited hunting pressure, and always puts the safety of our hunters first. Therefore, the number of available permits in a specific zone is based, in part, on the availability of huntable public open space in that zone.

The closure of State Parks and State Forests greatly reduced available public land to hunt in zones 3, 4, 5, 6, 15, and 16 for the early season weeks. As a result, the Division of Fish and Wildlife is working on a mechanism for offering turkey hunters, with permits in these zones, an opportunity to submit for a refund. The refund process will begin specifically with A-week and B-week permit holders in zones affected by the closure of State Parks and Forests; this will be extended only if the closure continues into later hunting periods.

Thank you for your support of the Division of Fish and Wildlife and for your patience during this challenging time. Early next week we will be sending a follow-up email with more information on how A-week and B-week permit holders can apply for refunds.

Status
Not open for further replies.