Could Use Some Help

Do you believe an unidentified species exists within the Pine Barrens?

• Total voters
Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
;)
The one unusual incident I did have out in the pine barrens happened at night at the Batsto Church. http://www.batstovillage.org/church-1.htm
There was a full moon and I wanted to get a picture of the church in the moonlight. When I snapped the photo there were dozens of white orbs in the picture floating around the cemetery. I took 3-4 more pictures and got the same results. I figured it was probably condensation in the camera, so I flashed a picture without looking through the camera lens. Damed if those orbs weren't floating around and visible to the naked eye. lol I don't know what caused that, but I think somebody who is knowledgeable in photography could probably explain it. If I can find the memory stick that contains those photos, I'll post them.

I guess they don't call you Old Crazy for nuttin'. Did you find the photos?

Old Crazy

Explorer
Oct 13, 2007
Stinking Creek, NJ
You can google up explanations for "orbs". They are not supernatural. They are photographic artifacts.

I agree, but the perplexing thing is that not only did these orbs show up in the photographs, I saw them floating around with my naked eye while I wasn't looking through the camera lens. I tend to think it was probably condensation reacting with the camera flash. But it is a weird coincidence that it happened in a cemetery.

Old Crazy

Explorer
Oct 13, 2007
Stinking Creek, NJ
Maybe you just ate a Piney Mushroom. You know everyone gets hungry from time to time.

LMAO!

There are two things I don't do when I'm out in the woods. One is handle venomous snakes, the other is eat wild mushrooms. I don't care how much of a "mushroom expert" a person claims to be. I'm not eating the mushrooms they picked in the wild. If I want mushrooms I can buy them at the grocery store for $1.99. Some of these so-called "mushroom experts" from the old country have poisoned and killed their families. I have grown rather fond of the liver I was born with, and would like to keep it. :)

Reactions: pineywoman

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I have been to those bogs in my stone quests.You can drive in which i didn't know the first time I went in and i did some serious swamp wading to get to an area I could have driven to.What exactly is it you wanted to know?There is a hodgepodge os state and private lands in there and I was following the border.Saw no devil sign and saw no people.Most of the roads were very overgrown and the one I rode in on did not appear to be heavily used but still quite passable.As someone mentioned jeff lives in the area and is probably more familiar with the area then I am,never heard him mention Devil sighting either.
Al

Reactions: pineywoman

pineywoman

Explorer
Aug 24, 2012
Haha!! Love it, Old Crazy!! I'm heading to the Parker Preserve tomorrow!! Heeee haw! I need some fresh piney air! If I eat a wild mushroom or run into an orb, I'll be sure to let you know!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Haha!! Love it, Old Crazy!! I'm heading to the Parker Preserve tomorrow!! Heeee haw! I need some fresh piney air! If I eat a wild mushroom or run into an orb, I'll be sure to let you know!

Just a suggestion..... if I were you I would not mention where you are going until after you have been there. You never know who lurks on this site.

Guy

Old Crazy

Explorer
Oct 13, 2007
Stinking Creek, NJ

If you eat a wild mushroom, contacting me might prove difficult. :(

And not posting your whereabouts on a public forum is good advise. One time I posted where I would be hiking the following day. About two miles down the trail, Teegate and Ben popped out from behind a tree and beat the crap out of me. Just kidding...:D

pineywoman

Explorer
Aug 24, 2012
Hey I might eat a wild mushroom. Perhaps, will be some excitement in my life! Hahahahaha shhhhhh. About the chiggers....shhhhhhhh.
Did they wear ski masks? Or did they make you eat a mushroom Old Crazy?

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Chiggers will be completely gone in a few short weeks, after the first hard frost.
Ticks manage to stay active all year. I have picked up ticks in January and one of my dogs picked them up in the woods after a snowfall.