Daytime Wandering's

Chrisr

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
Cinnaminson, NJ
Thanks everyone for the great comments, I'm lucky enough to get time out with the Kids and the pup doing some of the things I love. I enjoy taking pictures of the things we do and the places we go. I know someday (and it comes fast) they won't want to do these things with me anymore or at least not as much. My 14 year old daughter won't doesn't like me taking pictures of her anymore.
my oldest son who is gonna be 20 and away at college now, use to go fishing and exploring with me all the time but now when he comes home from school its like pulling teeth to get him to do anything at all with me.

Great pics, keep 'em comin'!! Don't fret about the kids. My son is 18 and loves to go to the pines with me. My daughter, who is 22, just graduated college and is getting married next year, went for the first time a couple weekends ago with me and our dog. This was the dogs first trip also. The dog didn't know what to sniff or explore next, me and my daughter froze our butts off, and all 3 of us had a great time. On the way home, my dauhter said she can't wait to go back!! The dog on the other hand, didn't say anything, she slept the rest of the day!!

Walker's Forge

Wharton and I had a little free time so we headed over to Walker's forge to check out the ground's

Feb2009walkersBatstocubscoutshow257.jpg

one of the cellar hole's on the site

Feb2009walkersBatstocubscoutshow195.jpg

not to far from the other cellar hole we found this partial standing wall

Feb2009walkersBatstocubscoutshow196.jpg

Feb2009walkersBatstocubscoutshow197.jpg

Feb2009walkersBatstocubscoutshow201.jpg

Feb2009walkersBatstocubscoutshow200.jpg

Feb2009walkersBatstocubscoutshow207.jpg

Oct 25, 2006
Excellent photos Chuck, you stoked my interest even more to explore the site, Wharton is getting right into the exploring scene, great.

Jim

another cellar hole in the middle of the property, Im not sure if the debri is from the original ruin. The debri actually looked like it might be something dumped there but I'm not sure, It is Pine bead board but no other wood remain's on the entire property from any other structure.

Feb2009walkersBatstocubscoutshow229.jpg

I found this piece of Glass along side this same cellar hole, now this is probobly from the building that was here. You can not tell but the glass is wavy like the glass found in the church windows at Atsion

Feb2009walkersBatstocubscoutshow230.jpg

this appears to be the remain's of an old wooden keg. going by the dimensions it looks to be one for packing nail's.

Feb2009walkersBatstocubscoutshow231.jpg

another one of the canal's coming from the south river

Feb2009walkersBatstocubscoutshow239.jpg

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Wharton Ave Bridge

In which I just simply mess around with the kids.
So on the waning sun, the whole lot of us, 3 chillun', 1 mangy cur , and a semi responsible adult, piled in the rusting remains of the S-10 for a ride to D/B hill A.K.A the Wharton Ave Bridge.
It was fun. Some pics.
We all stepped up to the bridge...
NJPB_1.JPG

There is much preparin' for new ties. Headin' to the Sea...
NJPB2.JPG

Comin' from the city...
NJPB3.JPG

A look at the whole ugly lot standing at the bridge.
The Lads, The Lass, and the Bitch.
NJPB4.JPG

We played on the Hill, sat off to the side of the tracks to see a train pass, and then we went home. Nice.

g.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Is that the train to Atlantic City? My wife was on that last weekend. I just asked her if she saw the ties and she said no.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Is that the bridge at the back of the lake near Spring Garden Road? I have never been there. I need to go.

Guy

Next time you are out down this way, I will meet up with you and I will let you pet him.:) He's getting big (for him) he is sitting on my lap right now yawning. Pretty soon he will want to curl up in his cookie monster chair.

I have to put some more recent photos in here Bob , Im such a slacker. how is everyone , I havn't been on in a while (havn't been having to much free time)