Film dead?

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I have never even seen a 110 SLR. That's pretty cool!

That little thing went everywhere with me. I was in a backpacking 'keep it small' phase and this one and the Instamatics fit the bill. I've seen the Lomography film for sale, they offer 2 emulsions. They also have a couple of 110 cameras they market. It is the only game in town and if they have it in a cartridge will probably try it, B&H sells it.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I was in a backpacking 'keep it small' phase and this one and the Instamatics fit the bill.

I still have a 16mm Minox - the classic "spy camera". :) Note the little beads on the lanyard - they are calibrated to match the focus scale on the camera (so the pictures that you take of secret documents will be sharp). I also have a little Minox light meter.

03102010pic156.jpg

Reactions: Gibby

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I still have a 16mm Minox - the classic "spy camera". :) Note the little beads on the lanyard - they are calibrated to match the focus scale on the camera (so the pictures that you take of secret documents will be sharp). I also have a little Minox light meter.

I remember those, really neat. They have now gone digital and this one has caught my eye, around $190 on EBait. That 'keep it small' feeling has resurfaced :eek:

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
029.JPG
030.JPG
042.JPG
044.JPG
046.JPG
I actually buy and sell a lot of things (buy at auctions and cleanouts, sell at flea markets and online). and I have dealt a lot with old cameras. I have a couple of people that buy from us that collect old cameras....they can still get most of the film online. And some of the 35mm Pentax cameras are still used in photography classes and by professionals because of their quality. Insurance companies use film cameras because they can not be altered like digitals. Here are some of the cameras I have acquired/sold.....

Attachments

• 053.JPG
    053.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 271
Reactions: bobpbx

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Insurance companies use film cameras because they can not be altered like digitals.

Don't underestimate what can be done in the darkroom. Stalin edited himself into a lot of photographs that he wasn't in originally.

Also, when the adjusters came out to look at my place after Sandy they had a cheap digital point and shoot.

gtm

Oct 20, 2013
Marlton
Hi Ben,

I've been digging the photos you've posted at your Tumblr. Do you shoot primarily film or digital or both? What are your setups?

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Don't underestimate what can be done in the darkroom. Stalin edited himself into a lot of photographs that he wasn't in originally.

Yes indeed, and todays photographers are still trying to duplicate the images from Ansel Adams. They apparently don't know that Adams did his best work in the dark room, just as many of the good works of today are post-processed on the computer.

Go forward in this documentary video to around 1:06:00. Most folks are surprised by it.

Reactions: bobpbx

Pan

Explorer
Jul 4, 2011
Arizona
Some people think that film is too new-fangled, and they are still making tintypes and daguerrotype photographs!