Fishing help

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
That sounds like typical chain side behavior. When they get cooking it gets pretty crazy doesn't it. They are aggressive. There are so many places to explore fishing out there, I love it. You will find a few spots that are home to some real monsters. They are out there. You ought to check out my thread "chubsuckers unlimited" in the nature and environment topic, you might find it interesting.

Jeff

Windsor

Scout
Aug 11, 2005
Somerdale
Jeff,

Yes, I read that thread and it was very interesting. I had no idea that there were chubsuckers in the Pines. In fact, the only fish that I have pulled out so far are Pickerel, Largemouth Bass and Bluegill.

I started fishing the Pines early this year, before I found this site. I had no idea that Chiggers were such a problem or that they even existed. So, I would go in some shorts, low cut socks and running shoes. I never used bug spray of any kind and have never had a problem. It surprises me because I'd be standing on a bank in the midst of a ton of weeks, brush, etc. With all this recent Chigger talk, I'm paranoid now! :(

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
does anyone know of good catfishing spots not too far from my area im in tabernacle? Any info would be great thanks mike

Mike,
I usually don't go for cats specifically but I'll give you some places I've caught them. 1)atsion lake (near the shoreline at dusk)2) Presidental lake near the bridge (not route 70), they drained the lake but there might still be water at the bridge in the development. It is/was a catfish haven, crazy amounts of catfsh.3)Lebanon lake.

I think all of the lakes have an abundance of catfish. They are in the bogs and streams also but are harder to catch due to the visability of the bait on the bottom. If you can locate a sandy bottom you are better off.

Jeff