Fix Our Parks

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
If you read the comments you can see that anything they do to stop illegal riding in Wharton will never work. Some of these people think they can ride anywhere.

Reactions: this_is_nascar
Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
If you read the comments you can see that anything they do to stop illegal riding in Wharton will never work. Some of these people think they can ride anywhere.

...which is my point about society these days writing laws, etc which only negatively impact law abiding citizens.

Closing roads, for example, won't stop those that feel they can ride wherever they want. Now, if you track them down, fine them a couple grand and impound their ORV for 6-months, you might start getting some traction.

enormiss

Explorer
Aug 18, 2015
Atco NJ
If you read the comments you can see that anything they do to stop illegal riding in Wharton will never work. Some of these people think they can ride anywhere

How did you find comments, the page is a never ending scroll of news articles for me

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The comments were on Facebook. Sorry.

There is a large percentage of individuals who think that the cops suck and should leave them alone. And some say only NJ people should be able to ride there. Or we have the ones who think private property or not they should be able to go there because the state does not give them a place to ride. I just don't understand that logic.

Reactions: TommyP

Tony

Scout
Jul 30, 2015
Folsom
The comments were on Facebook. Sorry.

There is a large percentage of individuals who think that the cops suck and should leave them alone. And some say only NJ people should be able to ride there. Or we have the ones who think private property or not they should be able to go there because the state does not give them a place to ride. I just don't understand that logic.
Up until they need the police

mowergod

Explorer
Apr 9, 2011
Newtonville
I've said it several times and even volunteered my services to outfit surplus Humvess to get the Park Police to more spots then they can get to with there normal soccer mom trucks they currently have the only way to curb the nonsense is more enforcement PEROID. There's no sense in enacting more rules or more fees till this is done you can't send these road cars it some of the places these morons go and as far as taxpayer cost it would be minimal as the state police retire cars that could be harvested for there emergency equipment which is now harvested to sell as separate from the cars which usually brings pennies on the dollar as for the Humvee's the fed would and does give them away and guys like me that are willing to give up some time and expertise to do this it could be done really cheap but everyone in this state I give this idea to I get crickets back

Reactions: Broke Jeep Joe

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
That goes along with my idea for a special task force like they did in Manchester. Big, beefy state trooper types, about 20 of them, swooping in to to lay the law down. Guys who are schooled on what can be ridden and what cannot. That's important, because I see a lot of confusion about that even on this forum.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I don't know how easy it'd be to get H1's through some places in the woods. They're wider than a lot of trails. But I'd rather see surplus mil gear go to the Park police rather than suburban police departments that don't have a legit need besides looking cool with their MRAP.

I bet they'd catch a lot of people just by hanging out where people come into the woods and drop their trailers off, like Atsion.

Edit: You're also not chasing down a dirt bike or ATV with a four wheel vehicle.

enormiss

Explorer
Aug 18, 2015
Atco NJ
Could borrow these from Waterford, wear off that showroom shine.
Side by Side and H1 too...

oie_yqmYU5LReW3m.jpg

Reactions: Broke Jeep Joe

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All towns next to Wharton and other forests should have those bikes. Do they have a siren? I can see people not stopping for them as they may not know who they are.

mowergod

Explorer
Apr 9, 2011
Newtonville
I don't know how easy it'd be to get H1's through some places in the woods. They're wider than a lot of trails. But I'd rather see surplus mil gear go to the Park police rather than suburban police departments that don't have a legit need besides looking cool with their MRAP.

I bet they'd catch a lot of people just by hanging out where people come into the woods and drop their trailers off, like Atsion.

Edit: You're also not chasing down a dirt bike or ATV with a four wheel vehicle.
Ben your right about the dirt bikes and ATVs a couple of properly equipped UTVs can take care of that and the state could acquire them from uncle Sam too. I mentioned the H1 as the base to start but the fed does have Cherokee and Wranglers too either way the whole process can be done with minimal taxpayer money being spent

Reactions: Ben Ruset

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I was surprised to see that Lowes is selling ATV's now, there were several lined up in front of the store in Millville yesterday. The strange thing is, according to their website, they are not sold in New Jersey. But they have them anyway. (?)

Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 4.24.31 PM.png