Forum Upgrade - Post all Bugs, Comments, and Issues Here.

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
I now have dates and times. :) :) :) And thank you Ben, I go to "What's New?" and find what I am looking for! Thank you again.
I figured if I just let the site settle for a few weeks, it will probably all come together. Technology is not my forte. You are a saint for having the patience for this. I'm going to put in a good word for you with the management and get you a nice vacation bonus......

turtle

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
Ben,
I go to the front "Forums" page and when I pass my curser over the bold faced member's names that are online as indicated at the bottom of the page.....the icon says "Member Offline". Out of curiousity I went back to "What's New?" and not all new posts are showing up....
Am I crazy ? ? ?

Turtle

Display Problems

Ben:

The new software looks great and I am most appreciative of the time you have expended on everyone’s behalf!!

I am different than most folks because I have my monitor set up in portrait (vertical) mode due to the many documents I work on. When you still had the old software up, I had no problem reading the messages and I really didn’t have problems with the new software until, I think, yesterday, when, all of a sudden, the message bodies do not display any wider than 15 characters, not including the titles. Here is an example:

screenshot.jpg

If it requires a lot of work on your part to fix this problem, don’t bother as my display orientation, I am sure, is an anomoly on the forums.

Thank you for anything you can do!

Best regards,
Jerseyman

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Ben,

I doubt this is upgrade related. In any event, you may want to look over the Jeff Larson Music link and change it to the below link. There actually is another Jeff Larson and your link does not narrow it down to our very own Jeff.

http://www.jefflarsonmusic.com/

Guy

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Ben,

I doubt this is upgrade related. In any event, you may want to look over the Jeff Larson Music link and change it to the below link. There actually is another Jeff Larson and your link does not narrow it down to our very own Jeff.

http://www.jefflarsonmusic.com/

Guy

Not upgrade related, that's just me being stupid and misspelling Jeff's last name! Sorry, Jeff! :(

uh60chick

Scout
Jul 14, 2007
When I click the "go to first new post" button, it takes me to the top of the page the first new post is on, not to the post itself. Also, the "top" button at the bottom of the page isn't working for me. I run Firefox 3.5.7.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Yeah, the "go to first new post" thing is broken. The "top" button also works for me, in Safari.

There's an update to vBulletin coming out sometime next week -- hopefully a lot of these little issues will be resolved.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Not upgrade related, that's just me being stupid and misspelling Jeff's last name! Sorry, Jeff! :(

No problem.

when I try to attach photos to a post reply, it won't let me go to my gallery and then come back to my incompleted post. For example, I write in some text, then go to my gallery to get a photo and when I come back my text and reply window is gone.

Jeff

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Jeff,

That problem Ben with have to solve, but if you use Firefox you can just use Tab Browsing. When I do what you are doing I just make two tabs and switch between them both with one being the post I am writing and one being the gallery. It makes is so easy rather then using the back button. You just use Control T to create a new tab. This also works in Safari and most other good browsers. The last time I heard IE for Windows did not have that feature. Enough said about IE :)

Guy