Fries Mill

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Current location. I am not taking a chance on this bridge though.
PS if you cross the bridge immediately head south to the right or you will pass garrisons house.He thinks that all is his kingdom but once across the bridge he only owns the land on the left out to the black top but if you let him BS you he will have you thinking he owns it all,best just to avoid him and head right and you will get to pass through the boys half of Hollybrook.The girls lived on his side.. The old hut pads are buried but I know where their at and can dig down a few inches to concrete,also the old chapel remains just rr ties are along the swamp further south

Feb 26, 2024
Vineland
Current location. I am not taking a chance on this bridge though.
That bridge is fine. i walked across it a few months ago and I dont even want to tell you how much I weigh.enough to be the bridge tester. The barricade is to stop dirt bikes not hikers
I’ll try it tomorrow then. I’m around 218 give or take a hoagie.

Feb 26, 2024
Vineland
The old saw mill sat immediately to your right.you can look along the shore and see the old foundation block with the bolts in it the diving board used to be attached to.The crik was much deeper then.Camp Hollybrook days back in the 70's
This?

Attachments

• IMG_5738.jpeg
    IMG_5738.jpeg
    6.6 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_5739.jpeg
    IMG_5739.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_5740.jpeg
    IMG_5740.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 45
Feb 26, 2024
Vineland
I did not cross yet. I took those pictures the same day I took the bridge photo and was planning on going back the next day but the son showed up on spring break and all other activities fell to the wayside. lol. But this Saturday for sure! Thank you for all this intel. Tremendously valuable.

Reactions: manumuskin

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Saw this gorgeous fella sitting in the sun today. Looks like he’s got a meal in him.
Black Rat snake possibly getting ready to shed.has to be the most common snake around,the woods are full of em.Great climbers and eaters.My Great Grand dad would trow em in the corn crib to keep the rats out of the corn.Make good pets too,very seldom bite unlike a racer,quite strong.van tell from racer by keeled scales,head scalation the way they kink as they move which marks them as a climber.Likely to stay still or try crawling away slowly,not fast like a racer and often found in trees..Shiny black after shed where as a racer is flat black with grey belly,rat snake has mottled creme colored belly