Front coming thru today

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
No power but fared pretty well. My moms and brothers houses both had the service pulled off the house and a large limb on top of her car. But everyone is safe. Hope everyone else is ok.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
No problems here. Was in the car when the storm hit and the wind was really intense - branches were blowing off trees and into the road. But that only lasted a few minutes, then it just rained. Pretty much a non-event in the Mays Landing area from what I saw. Power didn't go out. Looks like we got less than 1/2" rain.

The temperature drop was impressive though, went from 88 degrees down to 73 in less than 15 minutes.

Reactions: manumuskin

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Wow, I had no idea how widespread the power outages were until I went out today. Wouldn't ya know… today was the day I planned to go car shopping in Williamstown. Quite a bit of that area is still blacked out, including the big car dealers. Trees are down, traffic lights are out, gas stations closed. A real mess.

I was actually able to get a car though - they did it the old school way with handwritten paperwork. No lights, phones, air conditioning or internet at the dealership. The salesman had a Verizon cell phone and that was also down although my AT&T phone worked. It was an interesting experience - no crowds to deal with, I was the only customer. :) The salesman is coming to my home with the final paperwork tomorrow… if their power comes back on. The electric company was saying that might not happen until 4:00 PM tomorrow...

Reactions: manumuskin

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Man at work lives in Chatsworth and he is out. His wife told him by phone today it will be until Friday.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I am bailing bog water for the toilets and jockeying the generator between well and freezers. We got slammed. Wires and snapped poles still laying in the road on Old WHP. I wouldn't be surprised if we are not back on until Friday.
I did get my personal best sunset pic back at the bog last night while filling buckets. I will share when things get back to normal.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I am bailing bog water for the toilets and jockeying the generator between well and freezers. We got slammed. Wires and snapped poles still laying in the road on Old WHP. I wouldn't be surprised if we are not back on until Friday.
I did get my personal best sunset pic back at the bog last night while filling buckets. I will share when things get back to normal.

What is more important, our viewing pleasure or your toilets? Get your priorities straight! :D

Reactions: Boyd

Pinesbucks

Explorer
Apr 15, 2013
Swedesboro area got hammered. Hopefully power by Friday. Last I checked AC Electric has a estimated restoration of Saturday at noon for Jenkins Speedwell and chatsworth.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
Atlantic City Electric is estimating power to be back on Saturday at noon here in Atco by the raceway. Gotta play maze craze to get to my house from Jackson rd. My cell phone didn't even work until 2:00 or so. I still feel lucky since I haven't lost much just amenities that I've taken for granted.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Millville Vineland verizon customers lost cell service for 24 hours.Cell tower was damaged.I was also in the car in Acme parking lot. Came in fast blew like hell for fifteen minutes.carts flying across parking lots.Then it rained like Hell for 15 minutes then it rained light for a couple hours with no wind and as Boyd said the temps dropped rapidly.I had my car on for the Air because it was pouring and I actually watched the themometer drop from the 90's to the 70's as Boyd said. There were Tornadoes in Gloucester and camden counties from what i hear. They say a twister hit Deptford Mall and flipped a car.

Spung-Man

Explorer
Jan 5, 2009
Richland, NJ
loki.stockton.edu
Yet again, it's back to the stone age. Not much tree damage, but 500 homes on our trunk are scheduled to be without phone and electric service until Saturday, June 27. Posting at the Atlantic County Library in Mays Landing.

S-M