Get out and vote!!!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I walked right up, signed my name, voted, and was out in less than 3 minutes just now at 6PM.

Guy

grendel

Explorer
Feb 24, 2006
Fredericksburg VA
Here in Va. when I voted this morning it took about twenty minutes . But when I went back this afternoon and voted again it took twice as long. Sure am glad I only had to go twice. LOL this ain't Philly........

grendel

Explorer
Feb 24, 2006
Fredericksburg VA
Are you guys voting electronicaly? We had the choice between touch screen and fill in ballot. I feel better about the paper. One guy at work admitted that he voted for the wrong guy for Pres. when his finger brushed the wrong spot on the screen.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Are you guys voting electronicaly? We had the choice between touch screen and fill in ballot. I feel better about the paper. One guy at work admitted that he voted for the wrong guy for Pres. when his finger brushed the wrong spot on the screen.

That can't happen on the machine I used for the first time today. You make your choices and then all the way down on the bottom right there is a red button that actually takes your vote. If you look over your choices before you hit that button you can't go wrong. Obviously, other machines may not be the same.

Guy

grendel

Explorer
Feb 24, 2006
Fredericksburg VA
That can't happen on the machine I used for the first time today. You make your choices and then all the way down on the bottom right there is a red button that actually takes your vote. If you look over your choices before you hit that button you can't go wrong. Obviously, other machines may not be the same.

Guy

I have not seen the machine, but I do know the guy who told the story... I heard other complaints though.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Smooth sailing today, same as Scott. A particular song started as I shut my car off in the lot, I went in, did the particulars, voted and at 7:03 when I walked out the same song was just finishing up when I started the car and rolled out.
I hope we've all made choices we can live with, believe in, and ones that will help guide our country and our people as best as possible. Thanks to all that voted, and hopefully did so while informed, and did so with honesty.

In my heart of hearts, I just know Ralph Nader will take us there. Oh please let him win.

g.

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
I first want to clear up a misconception about my original post. Of course I want you to know and be informed about who you vote for. What I meant was that I don't want to know who you voted for, just go out and vote. And it looks like everyone did. It was a record turn out. I don't know about Atlantic County but Atlantic City, which is about as Democrat as Medford is Republican, is usually complacent about voting and they don't. I worked on a GOTV campaign in AC today and it was amazing the amount that turned out and voted. As it was in a lot of places I believe.

Looks like we have a new president.....

grendel

Explorer
Feb 24, 2006
Fredericksburg VA
"Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."

11 The LORD Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Be happy, rumor is Corzine is being considered for a Treasury slot. We'll be rid of him, but we also got rid of Whitman in a similar way, and look what happened.

Does anyone besides me think there is a uncanny similarity developing between this election and the TV show 24?