Golden arches

B

bach2yoga

I don't remember that one. I used to eat the MCDLT occasionally--I think that's what it was. The lettuce and tomatoe were served separately to keep them crisp and cool.
Currently hooked on BK's lo-carb whoppers and Sante Fe chicken sandwiches. :p
Renee

KARL

Scout
Sep 7, 2003
BARNEGAT
Visit site
WASTE OF TIME.........THE FATTIES AMONGST US...............NONE OF US.............WILL SIMPLY ORDER THREE SMALL ONES............I MUST ADMIT TO AN OLD FAVORITE, WHITE CASTLE.........LOVE EM.........DESPITE THE FACT I NEED A TUMS AFTERWARDS...........ITS WORTH IT...........NO CATSUP THOUGH.........IM A PURIST..............WISH WE HAD A STEAK AND SHAKE LIKE THEY HAVE IN THE MIDWEST..........EAT ON GANG, KARL

njvike

Explorer
Jul 18, 2003
Sparta, NJ
home.earthlink.net
KARL said:
WASTE OF TIME.........THE FATTIES AMONGST US...............NONE OF US.............WILL SIMPLY ORDER THREE SMALL ONES............I MUST ADMIT TO AN OLD FAVORITE, WHITE CASTLE.........LOVE EM.........DESPITE THE FACT I NEED A TUMS AFTERWARDS...........ITS WORTH IT...........NO CATSUP THOUGH.........IM A PURIST..............WISH WE HAD A STEAK AND SHAKE LIKE THEY HAVE IN THE MIDWEST..........EAT ON GANG, KARL

Ah, the infamous "rat burgers". They were a real treat after drinking but without the liquor, I needed TUMS as well :(

B

bach2yoga

KARL said:
...WISH WE HAD A STEAK AND SHAKE LIKE THEY HAVE IN THE MIDWEST..........EAT ON GANG, KARL

I remember them! There was one in Springfield MO where I lived. But no Tastykakes or birch beer out there. :( And god forbid--they haven't a clue how to make a real Italian sub. Lasagna? Think cottage cheese instead of ricotta. YUCK! Kung Pao Chicken? Think McDonalds chicken nuggets with chicken gravy and peanuts. :barf:
Now you want biscuits and gravy (yum) or fried catfish, you're in the right place.
I remember reading the sign on Steak and Shake for the longest time before figuring out what it meant:

TAKHOMASAK

Then I felt foolish when I finally figured it out.
Renee