Greetings...I'm making a film on the Pine Barrens

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Welcome to the site David. Very nice project! I now have an XDCAM EX1 myself and have shot a lot in the pines over the years. Somehow I can never get motivated enough to put it together into something coherent though. Glad to see you're actually doing it... it's a lot of work! These days I guess I'm more into just experiencing the pines instead of photographing them. :)

The FS-100 looks very cool, was just reading about it the other day. For a many years I was a moderator at DVinfo.net and followed this stuff very closely, but my attention seems to have turned to other things more recently. I have been very impressed with my EX1 however - it's my first CMOS camera. I finally feel I have something worthy of capturing nice wide landscapes with good detail and latitude. Things have come a long way since I got a VX-2000 10 years ago.

Best wishes for your film!

Reactions: Bachman's Ivory

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
This looks great!! The score sounds terrific and congratulations to your engineer on getting such a clean recording outdoors. Best of luck with it.

Jeff

Banjo

Scout
Apr 17, 2005
S.W. Missouri
Hi David,

I can't wait to see the results of this project. We met the day you were shooting at Friendship. My wife and I were out doing the cleanup and painting bridges that day. I wish we had the time to listen to the group playing. My offer to help you carry gear through the woods still stands if ever you need an extra back, and pair of hands. Just send me a message. Best of luck to you.

dskessler

Scout
Nov 14, 2011
Hi David,

I can't wait to see the results of this project. We met the day you were shooting at Friendship. My wife and I were out doing the cleanup and painting bridges that day. I wish we had the time to listen to the group playing. My offer to help you carry gear through the woods still stands if ever you need an extra back, and pair of hands. Just send me a message. Best of luck to you.

Thanks Banjo. Sorry for the late reply. Somehow I missed your message.

dskessler

Scout
Nov 14, 2011
Welcome to the site David. Very nice project! I now have an XDCAM EX1 myself and have shot a lot in the pines over the years. Somehow I can never get motivated enough to put it together into something coherent though. Glad to see you're actually doing it... it's a lot of work! These days I guess I'm more into just experiencing the pines instead of photographing them. :)

The FS-100 looks very cool, was just reading about it the other day. For a many years I was a moderator at DVinfo.net and followed this stuff very closely, but my attention seems to have turned to other things more recently. I have been very impressed with my EX1 however - it's my first CMOS camera. I finally feel I have something worthy of capturing nice wide landscapes with good detail and latitude. Things have come a long way since I got a VX-2000 10 years ago.

Best wishes for your film!
Thanks Boyd. I have a VX2000 sitting right next to me. It reminds me how far things have come in the last couple of years. I started shooting with a sony handycam only about 6 years ago and have bought a new camera almost every year since then. I thought I would be using the Canon 7d for a long time but once I got my hands on the Sony FS100, that won't cut it any longer. It's crazy how quickly we can get spoiled. The VX2000 was a great camera.