Hello from new member

njvike

Explorer
Jul 18, 2003
Sparta, NJ
home.earthlink.net
bruset said:
I've been roving the pines since about 1998 when I first drove up Sandy Ridge Road to Friendship in my Mercury Cougar:

I still have my Cougar. 1991 with 40K miles on it. I still like to drive it every once in a while. Great car. I have the 302 5.0 in it. Plenty of top-end.

njvike

Explorer
Jul 18, 2003
Sparta, NJ
home.earthlink.net
JerseyDevil said:
Hi everyone, nice web. looks like you guys / girls have alot of fun. I didn't know there were people with similar interest.. must be a sickness :)

Happy Hollidays

That's what people keep telling me. People don't seem to realize the history and mystery of this area.

Now, what's with all the Jeeps ;-) I have a feeling that Jeep is the preferred vehicle for off-roaders. Hope you don't mind by I had to get a Ford because of the family otherwise, we would've purchased the Grand Cherokee.

Ken

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Bils younguns are 6 and 8.A little big to be backpackin.The 8 year old would take well to the woods i think if we didn"t bushwack him to death and took it easy on him but the 6 year old is a different animal.the 8 year old would feed the critters and the 6 year old would be swingin em around by the tail and such.
Al

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
Not sure about the tail-spinning, but I can so see my five-year-old imp (whom I love dearly) place-kicking a foreground-selected mushroom into a then abruptly unsettled reflection pool I've been sizing up to shoot for a half hour. Previous child-effected momentous photograph-setup destructions have been the only time Al has seen me lose my temper. :(

KIDS! Al, were you there when my eldest punted the stinkhorn I was in the process of macroing?

-- Bill

B

bach2yoga

manumuskin said:
Bils younguns are 6 and 8.A little big to be backpackin.The 8 year old would take well to the woods i think if we didn"t bushwack him to death and took it easy on him but the 6 year old is a different animal.the 8 year old would feed the critters and the 6 year old would be swingin em around by the tail and such.
Al

You know what I have noticed? My kids get cranky when it's just them there. But when we go out with NJVike's kids or Nykki's kids or even bring the dog with us it makes all of the difference--they have a blast!
Renee

B

bach2yoga

whippoorbill said:
Not sure about the tail-spinning, but I can so see my five-year-old imp (whom I love dearly) place-kicking a foreground-selected mushroom into a then abruptly unsettled reflection pool I've been sizing up to shoot for a half hour. Previous child-effected momentous photograph-setup destructions have been the only time Al has seen me lose my temper. :(

KIDS! Al, were you there when my eldest punted the stinkhorn I was in the process of macroing?

-- Bill

They'd get along quite well with mine, lol!
Renee

njvike

Explorer
Jul 18, 2003
Sparta, NJ
home.earthlink.net
bach2yoga said:
whippoorbill said:

-- Bill

They'd get along quite well with mine, lol!
Renee

Did you ever get the feeling it's the Kids vs. Adults ;-)