Hurry up, hard frost!

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Perhaps it is due to some 'splendor in the grass'? ;) And is that a tick in her navel? :eek:

Chigger2.JPG

Glenn Walters

Explorer
Oct 2, 2013
I guy can dream Boyd... My 2 favorite seasons in the Pines. Autumn and Winter. In that order. A snowy trail and snow topped evergreens are a beautiful, especially Atlantic white cedar. But nothing beats the oak, maple and persimmon scattered in the Pines on a mid fall day. Number one season in my book. Hands down

Old Crazy

Explorer
Oct 13, 2007
Stinking Creek, NJ
I see in the forecast for next week that we're going to have five nights in a row where the low temperature is going to be in the 30's. That should be enough of a cold snap to dispatch the chiggers.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
The NWS forecast for my area says 36 tonight, 33 Thu night and 31 Fri night. But I think they are already on the retreat. Spent some time cutting firewood in heavy brush on Monday and Tuesday without getting any bites. Had wanted to do this before but just too fed up with the chiggers to venture into that spot. :)

Glenn Walters

Explorer
Oct 2, 2013
When I was out walking this past Sunday I put in 7.5 miles in the upland Pines. Lots of sugary sand. I did not get chigged once. I still welcome cooler weather though. Just a better atmosphere out there in cool weather. Bye Bye Chiggerman!!!

johnnyb

Explorer
Feb 22, 2013
Frost on grass, bushes, etc., here in Leisuretowne (Bob's Seizuretown) this morning. Temperature at house upper 20's (exact number not accurate because of radiation from the house). That should do it for chiggers and most other bities.