Sep 17, 2002
Doing my part at work.

IMG_4416a.jpg

Reactions: Sue Gremlin

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I had some business to take care of at a bank, wore the mask but when I got to the door it was locked, no signs. Rang the buzzer, peered thru the window, banged on the door. Then I realized the cameras where probably on and recording this jerk with a mask trying to break in. Then an employee showed up and told me they were conducting all business at the drive-thru. I'm waiting for the FBI to show up.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
My wife went to her bank and it was locked and dark. Then an employee came to the door and let her in. She pointed to the ATM and told my wife to do her own banking and she then sat down in a chair. My wife walked over and an actual "live" man came on the screen and talked with my wife and told her what to do. She followed his instructions and was able to deposit a check and do other banking. My wife then left and the woman locked the door behind her. My wife enjoyed the experience.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
The real media reports the science. Not spin. Interesting number. 37, 079 dead in the US this morning. Saturday, 8:30 AM. Anecdotal story. My wife works with an exposed nurse who went to the hospital and was thankfully released and came home. When she came home she discovered that two people she knew died of Covid 19.

37,079 over how long of a period? From what? I have Two daughters,one works in Cumberland County,one in Cape may and both have had one co worker who have been exposed to it.When the Flu comes around I personally always know at least half a dozen people who have it and people that know dozens more who have it.I have never gotten it and never get a flu shot. Maybe it';s different in NYC? Around here I see no pandemic.I do however see a dampanic,.

37,079 over how long of a period? From what? I have Two daughters,one works in Cumberland County,one in Cape may and both have had one co worker who have been exposed to it.When the Flu comes around I personally always know at least half a dozen people who have it and people that know dozens more who have it.I have never gotten it and never get a flu shot. Maybe it';s different in NYC? Around here I see no pandemic.I do however see a dampanic,.

Wait.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area

A note from Governor Murphy Al:

If you think this is “just the flu” – you are 100% wrong.

In just six weeks, we’ve lost 4,070 New Jerseyans to #COVID19. That’s more than CDC statistics show we’ve lost over the past three entire flu seasons COMBINED.

COVID-19 is more virulent than the flu. One person with COVID-19 can infect many, many more without showing any symptoms. Once someone is exposed, it can take a long time – as much as 14 days – to develop illness.

The hospitalization rate for COVID-19 is far greater than what it is for the flu. The general hospitalization rate for the flu is about one-tenth of 1% of cases. For COVID-19, it’s roughly 10%.

You are 100 TIMES MORE LIKELY to end up in the hospital.

We have vaccines that can protect against the flu. We have proven anti-flu therapies.

We’re at least a year away from a vaccine for COVID-19, and there are currently no proven therapies.

Last edited:

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
A note from Governor Murphy Al:

If you think this is “just the flu” – you are 100% wrong.

In just six weeks, we’ve lost 4,070 New Jerseyans to #COVID19. That’s more than CDC statistics show we’ve lost over the past three entire flu seasons COMBINED.

COVID-19 is more virulent than the flu. One person with COVID-19 can infect many, many more without showing any symptoms. Once someone is exposed, it can take a long time – as much as 14 days – to develop illness.

The hospitalization rate for COVID-19 is far greater than what it is for the flu. The general hospitalization rate for the flu is about one-tenth of 1% of cases. For COVID-19, it’s roughly 10%.

You are 100 TIMES MORE LIKELY to end up in the hospital.

We have vaccines that can protect against the flu. We have proven anti-flu therapies.

We’re at least a year away from a vaccine for COVID-19, and there are currently no proven therapies.
let's agree to disagree on this.I put about as much faith in anything Murphy says as you do I What Trump says. There is a fence here and it,s too narrow for either of us to walk.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Went to a wma in stow creek yesterday to arrow head hunt and they had a sign saying it was closed due to covid have never even seen anyone else back there. I blew past the sign so fast i
barely had time to read it. Found some flakes and pottery but no points that time.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I believe this virus is serious, but also find it humorous (actually it makes me angry) that Starbuck's and Dunkin are "essential" but 430+ thousand acres closed.

The problem is that the vast majority of residents of this state consider the state forest to be Batsto or Carranza Memorial, etc. They have no concept that there are places out there where you can go and be away from people. However, it is hard for them to keep it open when hundred's flock to the only place they know about.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
The problem is that the vast majority of residents of this state consider the state forest to be Batsto or Carranza Memorial, etc. They have no concept that there are places out there where you can go and be away from people. However, it is hard for them to keep it open when hundred's flock to the only place they know about.
Yes there is over 100 thousand acres in Wharton and it is closed.,menantico has maybe 10,000? and since it;s an WMA it's open and it is unbelievably crowded there now.If I walk out into the manumuskin preserve though still hardly anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.