Just a Comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

stizkidz

Piney
May 10, 2003
Tuckerton
How many rounds is an AR-15 capable of firing before requiring to be reloaded?
How many rounds is a Remington Hunting Rifle capable of firing before requiring to be reloaded?

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Remington makes a very nice AR-15 hunting rifle which many hunters use for varmints and predators. Capacity for both .204 and .223 calibers depends on the legal requirements of the state the owner resides. For a New Jersey resident the maximum is fifteen but for quite some time we were limited to a ten round magazine. Only recently have manufacturers started producing an odd fifteen round magazine for ban states. The capacity is usually in multiples of ten.

R-15VTRPredatorCarbine-prod.jpg

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
That camo finish is a great idea... so the varmints won't see you coming. :D

It was more or less a feature so that that rifle wasn't associated as one of the "evil" black rifles, but every advantage helps when your out on the open prairie or in the woods.

Remember Apocalypse Now...

• You hear me?
  • Lance, what's with all the green paint?
  • Camouflage. - How's that?
  • So they can't see ya. They're everywhere, Chief.
  • I want you to stay awake up there, man. You got a job to do.

Old Crazy

Explorer
Oct 13, 2007
Stinking Creek, NJ
How many rounds is an AR-15 capable of firing before requiring to be reloaded?
How many rounds is a Remington Hunting Rifle capable of firing before requiring to be reloaded?

You can get a high capacity magazine or clip for almost any semi-automatic gun. Here is a seller that offers four pages of them for sale. Notice that most of them are sold out due to the fear that they will be banned.
http://www.keepshooting.com/firearm-accessories/magazines/rifle-magazines

Old Crazy

Explorer
Oct 13, 2007
Stinking Creek, NJ
BTW, I don't have a problem with a mental health records search being a requirement for a gun purchase. I think that's already pretty standard among most NJ police departments before they will issue a long arm or handgun permit.

I also think that anybody who buys a gun needs to exercise a high degree of responsibility. Adam Lanza's mother was an extremely irresponsible gun owner. She left her guns accessible to a son whose mental state had so deteriorated she was planning to have him committed to a psychiatric hospital. Her guns should have been locked up.

If you're going to bring a gun into your house, you should be trained on how to properly use it, how to properly clean it and how to safely store it. You should understand the laws pertaining to the transportation of guns and the laws pertaining to the use of deadly force. If you're not willing to do that, then you shouldn't buy a gun.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Here's my take on assault weapons.

Here's my take. The country is awash in high-powered guns that goes way, way beyond home defense or hunting. It's a state of extreme paranoia...an insidious undercurrent of people who have dreams of fighting their own government over perceived transgressions. Or worse yet, of fighting each other over perceived threats spawned from anxiety and fear. It's obscene and a festering madness; the more guns that are availabe, the more killing we'll have. Period.

If you really think that everyone could be responsible and keep things locked up tight and out of the hands of mentally ill people, then you are living in a dream world. Also, just because you can cite an instance where the ban did not stop somebody, you have know way of knowing how many similar instances were stopped because of the ban.

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Interesting thread, tried to read through the whole thing. My dad and grandpop are/where gun collectors. Had lots and lots of guns in our house, every james bond picture my dad would be sitting there with a Walther ppk. I don't have much interest in guns, but I believe people should be able to own them. I mostly likely didn't grow up to be a killer because I had two parents in the home and a Mom who was a housewife who's sole role was to rear the kids and be in the home taking care of me when school wasn't. The role of the family is the most important prevention for these types of horrific killings. Its ashame to see liberals and media (more liberals) just blame this on gun wielding lunatics. Just because you have guns it doesn't make you a killer, what makes you a killer is having poor family structure, leadership, role models and guidance. I don't feel like these types of killings happened prior to the destruction of the family, internet and horrificly violent movies and video games along with a whorish liberal media that preys on it. Media in my opinion is the root of all evil, bunch of losers pretending to be sad, what a difficult crowd to respect.

I have my thoughts about this president, 95 percent based on economics, I challenge any supporter of Obama to a debate on economics and how the direction he is sending us in (to save his ass) to this point is scary. I think its too early in the game to say yea or nay to Obama being in the greatest ever talk, the thought or entertaining that idea is absurd to me. His economic stimulus (its not the Fed its him) via QE is something you can't evaluate during his presidency, it will take very long for that to develop. He appears to be a great family man and it would be nice if that is something people emulated with him as president. Other than econ my issue with Obama is his thoughts defy survival of the fittest, which I believe in fully, ok I'm done...

Reactions: manumuskin

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Chris
I didn't realize you were old enough to know that these things didn't happen (mass murder) nearly as often before the breakdown of the family (late 60-s and beyond) but your right.I'm a spry 48 and was a little kid during the so called sexual revolution and have seen nothing but a downward spiral ever since I became aware of the news and social trends by the early mid 70's.That seems to be about the same time violent crimes sky rocketed and people became afraid to let their kids out of the yard unattended.I use to travel 5 miles through the woods to the next town when I was nine years old...alone and never felt threatened.Use to run around after dark in Millville when i was seven several blocks from home.Wouldn't do that now as an adult.Just finished reading an ebook on Parthia.Back then it was common for the ruling class of the Arsacid dynasty to kill all the relatives they could to do away with competition for the throne since any Arsacid was eligible.They frequently did it with poison.I think we should ban arsenic,antifreeze and all such chemicals because once all the guns are gone (yeah ,right) people will find other ways.By the way I always here the loaded question "Where did Cain get his wife from" I have a better one.Where did he get his gun from?

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Al, I'm only 31 but the destruction of the family is obvious just in my lifetime. I'm going to upset women with this but much of it has to do with women feeling the need to work or maybe needing to work to support the family. I mean I just saw the benefits in my rearing of having a Mom be a Mother and my Dad being the provider for the family. Its just the way evolution has created us (sorry Al about the evolution part). I feel sad for kids who don't have this, but understand life is tough and sometimes both parents need to work to provide. I just get very upset at girls and women who think I'm being sexist for saying I would like my wife to be a housewife and not a career women, I'll provide. At the end of the day we have added massive complexities to life, we need to just keep it simple stupid, back to basics.

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Contrary to what we have been lead to believe by the media, murder rates have been dropping even though gun ownership is increasing, the FBI graphs confirm this. BTW- The estimate of the number of AR-15 style rifles owned in America is three million.

FBI-Total-Murders.jpg

FBI_NICS_Background_Checks.PNG

Reactions: manumuskin

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Chris
I think your right about what should be sad fact is a lot of dead beat men out there who won't be Dads and Mom does have to work,of course in many situations the dead beat is the woman also and I know many kids who have two worthless parents.Society has broken down.It's hard for a kid to raise themselves at least properly.I think the Bible and evolution agree on the makeup of the family even if thats all they agree on.By the way my Dad collects knives,guns and fishing poles,He,Me nor anyone in my immediate family has ever killed anyone to my knowledge and I was even in a war with one of those nasty fully automatic rifles as my constant companion but I did hit and really maul a guy with my pickup truck once.It was his fault and I never so much as heard from the law after they hauled him away and they got all my info.I personally think we should ban pickup trucks,I really bloodied him.

skip3

Explorer
Nov 21, 2009
cc tx, Green Bank Nj
Here's my take. The country is awash in high-powered guns that goes way, way beyond home defense or hunting. It's a state of extreme paranoia...an insidious undercurrent of people who have dreams of fighting their own government over perceived transgressions. Or worse yet, of fighting each other over perceived threats spawned from anxiety and fear. It's obscene and a festering madness; the more guns that are availabe, the more killing we'll have. Period.

If you really think that everyone could be responsible and keep things locked up tight and out of the hands of mentally ill people, then you are living in a dream world. Also, just because you can cite an instance where the ban did not stop somebody, you have know way of knowing how many similar instances were stopped because of the ban.
I see your point but I have to disagree. In twenty minutes most people could come up with a plan to do way worse damage and never use a firearm.
Here is a question for you. If you walked into a room full of twenty unarmed people and you had a revolver how many people do you think would die?
If you walked into a room of twenty armed people( in NJ I guess that would have to be a police station) and you had an AR-15 how many would die?
As far as an AR being overkill, when it comes to defending my family, I kind of want overkill. Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
Such "scary"ookung weapons also have the benefit of an intimidation effect, which alone can make someone back down.

"The country is awash in high-powered guns that goes way, way beyond home defense or hunting. "

Legit hunting rifles are often more powerful than an AR 15 such as a 30-06. Want to go for caribou, elk?

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
I do believe you have to have either a class-III license, or likely "only" a NFA tax stamp..Cost of the Rifle $3500 to $6500 Ammo cost around $18.50 a round..............Time for a walk in the woods and relax some. Enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.