Let's Talk about the PPA

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
I'm just coming up to speed in this forum, but I see the PPA folks as extremists. I've been on board with the Pine Barrens Master Plan since it was enacted, however, we need to balance the need for access with conservation. There are those that desire total preservation and I despise these views that only reflect a limited intellectual understanding of the interaction of man and the environment. On the other side are the diesel jockeys. We need to find a common ground of reasonable people who want to work together to protect the pinelands.

From this forum, I see no reasonable people who advocate protecting the pinelands. Smokejumper seems sometimes rational and other times out there. I am just looking for others who want to protect the pinelands and also balance access. The wackos on both sides turn me off and so far I'm only seeing the PPA as the whackos.
Welcome to the forums and thanks for thinking I'm out there only some of the time;)
I have to admit I sometimes get worked up from the PPA's propaganda depicting anyone who opposes the map as peple that just want to be able to drive anywhere. There are a lot of people here that simply want fair access and have worked hard to come up with better solutions than sweeping closures.
I also recommend viewing some of the other threads here on these forums since there is a lot of great information here and not everyone here is posting about the MAP plan.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I'm just coming up to speed in this forum, but I see the PPA folks as extremists. I've been on board with the Pine Barrens Master Plan since it was enacted, however, we need to balance the need for access with conservation. There are those that desire total preservation and I despise these views that only reflect a limited intellectual understanding of the interaction of man and the environment. On the other side are the diesel jockeys. We need to find a common ground of reasonable people who want to work together to protect the pinelands.

From this forum, I see no reasonable people who advocate protecting the pinelands. Smokejumper seems sometimes rational and other times out there. I am just looking for others who want to protect the pinelands and also balance access. The wackos on both sides turn me off and so far I'm only seeing the PPA as the whackos.

You need to find a good optometrist and make an appointment. However, I do tend to agree with most of your other comments.

johnnyb

Explorer
Feb 22, 2013
Today Ro & I drove from Atsion thru Hampton Furnace to Carranza Road, down to Friendship and over to Speedwell.
Have been on those sections many times but believe we saw more vehicles and motorcycles today on these roads than ever before. People out to see what all the road closure commotion is about?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Today Ro & I drove from Atsion thru Hampton Furnace to Carranza Road, down to Friendship and over to Speedwell.
Have been on those sections many times but believe we saw more vehicles and motorcycles today on these roads than ever before. People out to see what all the road closure commotion is about?

Very popular area.

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
Today was Jeeps at the Vineyard at Valanzano too. We went to the Pic for dinner and they were busier than usual too. Not sure if that had anything to do with it too.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I believe there was also a hunting season of some sort opening today. This morning vehicles were all along the sides of roads long before sunrise.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I believe there was also a hunting season of some sort opening today. This morning vehicles were all along the sides of roads long before sunrise.
South zone waterfowl reopened yesterday. If you were near water they were probably duck hunters. Other than, that bow is open statewide and has been for awhile.