emoo125

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to it - the line-up looks awesome:

16181_949182895106454_4241786042057253899_n.jpg

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I want to congratulate Ted Gordon on his reissue of "Herbert Payne: Last of the Old-Time Charcoal Makers and His Coaling Process in the Pine Barrens of New Jersey". For anyone who wants to learn just how charcoaling was done, this is an excellent essay with very good photos that combine to show the process completely, and in a format that is easily understood. They were sold at the event for the very reasonable price of $4.

Well done Ted.

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
This is from Lost Town Hunters Facebook page, for some reason I couldn't share it with the NJPinebarrens page. Hello Friends, a number of you have inquired about the availability of my newly published 12-page bound pamphlet with full-color images titled 'Herbert Payne: Last of the Old-Time Charcoal Makers and His Coaling Process in the Pine Barrens of New Jersey." This pamphlet can be purchased from SJCHC by contacting Tom Kinsella at Thomas.Kinsella@stockton.edu or by mailing a check to the "South Jersey Culture & History Center" for $4 per copy to the following address:
Kinsella
... ARHU/Stockton University
101 Vera King Farris Drive
Galloway, NJ 08205
The pamphlet will also be available on March 26 at 5:00-7:30 at the Noyes Museum (Smithville, Ocean County) featuring a special folk life display and a discussion about the "lure of the Pine Barrens" after more than 50 years, featuring historians Budd Wilson and Ted Gordon. Cheers, Lost Town Hunter

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
I clicked on share, then went to share with a group and when I typed in NJPinebarrens it wouldn't recognize it as a group.

I want to congratulate Ted Gordon on his reissue of "Herbert Payne: Last of the Old-Time Charcoal Makers and His Coaling Process in the Pine Barrens of New Jersey". For anyone who wants to learn just how charcoaling was done, this is an excellent essay with very good photos that combine to show the process completely, and in a format that is easily understood. They were sold at the event for the very reasonable price of $4.

Well done Ted.
Thanks for the compliments, Bob. I'm pleased that you enjoyed reading the account.
Lost Town Hunter

This is from Lost Town Hunters Facebook page, for some reason I couldn't share it with the NJPinebarrens page. Hello Friends, a number of you have inquired about the availability of my newly published 12-page bound pamphlet with full-color images titled 'Herbert Payne: Last of the Old-Time Charcoal Makers and His Coaling Process in the Pine Barrens of New Jersey." This pamphlet can be purchased from SJCHC by contacting Tom Kinsella at Thomas.Kinsella@stockton.edu or by mailing a check to the "South Jersey Culture & History Center" for $4 per copy to the following address:
Kinsella
... ARHU/Stockton University
101 Vera King Farris Drive
Galloway, NJ 08205
The pamphlet will also be available on March 26 at 5:00-7:30 at the Noyes Museum (Smithville, Ocean County) featuring a special folk life display and a discussion about the "lure of the Pine Barrens" after more than 50 years, featuring historians Budd Wilson and Ted Gordon. Cheers, Lost Town Hunter

Thanks, Tom, for going through the trouble of posting this announcement. I deeply appreciate your thoughtfulness.
Lost Town Hunter

jburd641

Explorer
Jan 16, 2008
Port Charlotte, Fl.
Wanted to add too: a little recent publicity from the Philadelphia Inquirer. Nice!

http://www.philly.com/philly/column...l_celebrate_their_love_for_the_Pinelands.html
Does anyone know where Kathy English's studio is located and if it's open to the public? I'd love to hang some authentic art from the Pines, of the Pines, by someone from the Pines, in my house here in Florida. I did a quick search but I'm at work and nothing came up that I could use. I'm planning on being back in NJ late May/early June and would like to make a visit to her studio part of a day in the Pines.

Thanks in advance.