Marlton Circle

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Where is Andrew Sees today Guy? Did you know him for awhile?

I only knew him as a classmate in my early years.

As for the Marlton Circle, my moms neighbor who I work with lives right near it and has been photographing the complete construction of the bridge. He and his wife walk there or ride their bikes and have taken hundred's of photo's of it. Recently, he gave me a CD with every photo they had up to then (136 photo's).

A sample.

IMG_26070000.JPG

IMG_26560000.JPG

IMG_27210000.JPG

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
A Flickr friend of mine has been keeping track of the reconstruction of the Marlton Circle too: http://www.flickr.com/photos/42444189@N04/sets/72157622454420888/detail/
Its interesting to see how the Philly skyline is visible from the new overpass.

His photostream has a lot of great historical retail photos from the Marlton area as well.

So you are friends with John Flack? I know him also. He has some of my photo's on his site. I have never met him but my brother and mom have.

He use to walk to work and may still do that, so when I needed to get something to him I would go to my moms and along the way would drop the items at a prearranged location where John would pick it up on his way to or from work. He did the same on at least one occasion I recall. It worked well.

He is without a doubt the foremost expert on recent Marlton than anyone I know He has a collection of photo's, news articles, eBay items, etc, etc, that is quite impressive. Years ago he sent me quite a few of them and I still have them.

Guy

kayak karl

Explorer
Sep 18, 2008
Swedesboro, NJ
i worked at mcd's in '69. i remember the night mr. livingroom burnt. riding my bike to burger chef, gino's and rustler's. fishing at the ponds. the A&P and plak shack. times have changed:)

PinesExplr

Scout
Dec 7, 2005
Medford, NJ
Mrs. Wirth

This photo is of 43 E. Main Street in 1963. My mom taught Sunday School there with Edna Wirth and Edna Wells. You may recognize Edna Wirth’s name as she is the daughter of Maurice Horner the historian who wrote the book “A History Of Evesham Township.” Edna Wirth was an historian herself as is her daughter Deloris. They lived on Brick Road close to 73.

Guy

Guy,
My kindergarten teacher (68',69'?) was a Mrs. Wirth, could it have been Edna Wirth you mention?

ed

PinesExplr

Scout
Dec 7, 2005
Medford, NJ
couple years later

i worked at mcd's in '69. i remember the night mr. livingroom burnt. riding my bike to burger chef, gino's and rustler's. fishing at the ponds. the A&P and plak shack. times have changed:)

Is '69 the year Mcds open on cropwell? I remember all the places you mention (gino's had KFC too?) plak shack was a classic, A&P and the Gulf station before MFF.

ed

kayak karl

Explorer
Sep 18, 2008
Swedesboro, NJ
mcdonalds opened in about '67, almost went out of business because of low sales. joe heinz owned it. think his sons still run it. i still remember walking through the woods to get to Clover. we're planning a get together at the library II for Lenape '73-'75. ill post when its good to go.