Music for the day

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery

Great song. I've had to cover this a number of times. Perhaps the most popular slow blues song in history. The use of dominant 9th chords in blues was fairly uncommon till t-bone came on the scene. It was a big contribution to the genre.

Here is another (minor) slow blues in the hands of the master: Jimmy page.

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
When we were talking about him I mentioned that I think he drove some races in NASCAR and it was right in his video.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
A few mistakes with the text in that video but otherwise pretty nice.

Guy

cranbrake

Scout
Jun 3, 2009
I've been kicking around the idea of going to see robert plant and his 'band of joy' when they come my way in a couple weeks.....Wish jimmy page would make a surprise cameo appearence and sit in with him,lol.

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
Just about that time of year ... I'm tuning up the audio recording gear here and preparing for my solo all-night sit-around-and-record-sounds (or-lack-of-them) sessions in the pine barrens. Count me as further inspired now now that I've found a weird but fine-Fine-FINE (IMHO) youtube video of the song that I never fail to blast when I first pour myself into the sand roads for these all-nighters. Figured I'd post it here for those to hear -- you know, just in case a truck blows by with this piece screaming out of its windows. You'll know it's only me.