Music for the day

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Nice.

Here's one I like.

A different genre but still right up my alley.once i got out of high school in 82 they seem to almost have quit putting out music I like.I think by the time you hit mid twenties you lose the ability to evolve with the music,at least i did except when it comes to the new age/world/celtic categories which I still hear new stuff that is good coming out.They said rock and roll would never die.I think it died AC/DC and Def Leppard.Country took it's last gasp sometime in the late 80's early 90's except for a diehard or two like heather Myles.
Al

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
Rode out to the bombing range and this song was in my head.

Attachments

• 043.jpg
    043.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 185
  • 036.jpg
    036.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 193

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
That was interesting Chase. That lead singer reminds me of the lead on My Morning Jacket.
Good call Bob. MMJ have some great tunes too. They do some Band covers too if you havent heard them. Here's a current fav of mine by a great singer-song writer from the southwest. He won a Grammy for his tune from Crazy Heart with Jeff Bridges.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Good call Bob. MMJ have some great tunes too. They do some Band covers too if you havent heard them. Here's a current fav of mine by a great singer-song writer from the southwest. He won a Grammy for his tune from Crazy Heart with Jeff Bridges.

Hey, that's pretty doggone good!

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I know you like some Texas music Bob. This is Ernest Tubbs nephew carrying on the tradition.. stuff the radios wont play cuz its not poppy enough.

That was excellant!

I have absolutely no intererst in the modern country music, but really love the old country. I also like western swing. Turn it up!

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
That was excellant!

I have absolutely no intererst in the modern country music, but really love the old country. I also like western swing. Turn it up!

I agree 100%. Theres still a lot of new talent in country out there but Nashville and big radio wont touch them. Ive seen Asleep at the Wheel a few times live.. very good. If you like Texas swing then Im sure you know Wayne the Train.

and my fav from Wayne:

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
If you like Texas swing then Im sure you know Wayne the Train.

That is great stuff! And a great video too, with a lot of americana...."I sure love thunderstorms and neon signs"!

Here is one of the fathers of swing, Bob Wills, doing the one the Asleep at the Wheel also does now. I like this song...and watch Bob's dance moves. Priceless.