Music for the day

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
If my memory is correct Largo should enjoy this one.

Damned straight dog!
I'll lay down with anything from Pantera to Jim Croce. I dig a good sound.
Anyone who just scoffs the disco era and shorts the Gibbs brothers as musicians is a short sighted S.O.B.
They were far and beyond what music had to offer in any venue!
I am not a Disco dude but I am a GENXer so I get the mix. It's about what a person likes, and I like for talent.
Thank you for the link.

g.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Love him, hate him or think that he should have went to jail (like I do), I think we need a moment of silence for one talented mofo, Michael Jackson.
RIP

Ditto. I always liked Michael and felt bad for the afflictions he had....where he desperately wanted out of his skin. If only he knew how much he would have been loved just by being himself. He could have been so much more.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
http://www.myspace.com/jeffclarson Hey, Check out this site. Listening to this is like taking a walk through the pines!

Imagine my surprise when i clicked on this and found out I had a myspace page. Also, my surprise when I heard the opening song (blues jam in A) which is a random recording of a warm up before a rehearsal.:confused:

After thinking about it a little, I believe this was set up by an ex-student of mine who now lives in FL. He mentioned he was going to set up a page, and I had sent some recordings to him from my other projects. That is cool. It was real nice of him to do that. Actually, it looks alot better than my website:)

Thanks for your comment OJI. I'm glad you liked the stuff.

BTW: Guy, "Seaside Heights" is actually titled "Island Beach", but it really doesn't matter, you can call it whatever you want.

Jeff

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Love him, hate him or think that he should have went to jail (like I do), I think we need a moment of silence for one talented mofo, Michael Jackson.
RIP

Kinda figured the already existing music thread would be a fit for this news.
I truly think many of the events of his life were unfortunate and troubled. Some of it I just don't get. Scott is spot on though. So talented in his industry. His influence launched a great many trends in music and in life. Powerful stuff when you think about it.
I liked him and a lot of the stuff he produced. I can think of a lot of good he did as well. It sucks that it's so marred up by the bad crap. Such is life.
One thing I can tell you, based on announcements up and down the radio dial this morning, you're gonna hear a lot of Mr. Jackson on the radio this weekend if you're so inclined as to listen.

g.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Imagine my surprise when i clicked on this and found out I had a myspace page. Jeff

I myself would actually find that pretty disturbing. While flattering and nice of the fellow, that's out there and might could not have been good for you as well.

Oh, the song... Seaside Hts.
agreed, best on the album.

g.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
This sounds pretty good to me while driving through the pines.

That is a great version. So young! I always wondered whether Levon's head was permanently twisted from the way he sang.

Speaking of permanently twisted....that's me for going to Watkins Glen in (1972?) and not seeing any of the bands play except for about 2 hours. It was the Dead, the Allman Brothers, and the Band. 600,000 plus people. It was way, way too big. It was in the Guiness Book of World Records as the Worlds largest rock concert for several years after that.