Music for the day

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
On Wed Evening, July 1, John Hammond is scheduled to perform at The Dell in Haddon Heights. Camden County Parks puts on these free shows every summer and this is the biggest name they've had there in a while in my opinion. Nice place to see a concert.

http://www.ccparks.com/

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
On Wed Evening, July 1, John Hammond is scheduled to perform at The Dell in Haddon Heights. Camden County Parks puts on these free shows every summer and this is the biggest name they've had there in a while in my opinion. Nice place to see a concert.

http://www.ccparks.com/

Rob from work and I rode our bikes over there about 10 years ago and saw Ellis Paul and Todd Snyder. It is a great place for a concert.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Al, What do you play,Washboard or washtub bass? Here's a song for you.

Oji
funny you should send me this.I really am a coal miners grand daughter/son depending on which side of the bed I get out of.pop pop only worked the mines a couple years after world war 2 and then came to jersey to work the glass factories.he said he never knew which one was worse.
Alfreda

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
small hours

Powerful.

very ...

the imagery reminds me of that in terrence malick's the thin red line (and theme of the same film's incredible score by hans zimmer); the song also made me think of another called one world, by john martyn, reminding me we recently lost john, which led me back to this video.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
very ...

the imagery reminds me of that in terrence malilck's the thin red line (and a most powerful score by Hans Zimmer); the song also made me think of another called one world, by john martyn, reminding me we recently lost john, which led me back to this video.

Lost John? i can find anybody.let me get this gps fired up and I'll be dragging him out momentarily.
Alfie

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
Alfie, I guess I'm a Japineys Jippie. My parents best friends were from W.Virginia and they used to call my mom a Japanese Hillbilly.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
This is a great drinking or motorcycle ridin' song but under the right circumstances, what ain't ?
I said or, not and. :)

This video is from a long time ago and the later versions have a different edge.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Alfie, I guess I'm a Japineys Jippie. My parents best friends were from W.Virginia and they used to call my mom a Japanese Hillbilly.

A japabilly! now that is way cool:)
I wonder what kind of music that would be.some traditonal japanese music with the girls with the painted white faces mixed with some good bluegrass.could you imagine those girls ( i forget what they call em) stomping to some good grass?by the way do you know what they call japanese hillbillies? every nationality has hillbillies.in puerto rico they call em heebaroes (not sure if thats spelled right).they wear knee high rubber boots and carry machetes and don't usually speak any english ( the rest of puerto rico everyone knows a little english but not the old heebaroes up in the hills) and their supposed to be right down hospitable once they know your not a government agent just like wv hillbillies.
Al

ps i just remembered the name.geesha girls