Music for the day

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Well here's one of my favorites...

I like that one too Mark. Sirius Outlaw Country plays a heavily banjo laden version that is first rate. I can't remember who does it though.
You'd make a damn fine hillbilly cruising the pines and blasting that tune.
Except of course for that Toyota Land Thingamobob and the North Jersey address.
:D

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Bravo! You all have good taste in music. I have enjoyed this thread, especially Johnny Cash.

When my daughter was about 14 we went to Blockbusters to pick out a used CD or two. I was really frustrated as all they had was crap at high prices. I ended up picking up a cassette tape of Johnny Cash's best for $4.95 in the bargain rack. From that point on, every time I took Kara somewhere in the car, such as dance lessons or horseback riding lessons, she'd pop that tape in. We played it over and over and over. I finally bought her one for her car. I asked her..."aren't you afraid your friends will tease you"? She said....why would they do that, its Johnny Cash!

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
I like that one too Mark. Sirius Outlaw Country plays a heavily banjo laden version that is first rate. I can't remember who does it though.
You'd make a damn fine hillbilly cruising the pines and blasting that tune.
Except of course for that Toyota Land Thingamobob and the North Jersey address.
:D

Haha. Yeah, no hicks allowed up here in suburbandom. And our ticks are huge. Anyway, I grew up in Indiana, and they have you guys on the redness of their necks any day :).

I'd love to hear a good banjo version of that tune, although I do really dig the way Tyminski and Block do it on acoustics.

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
In the venue of different string instruments used instead of a guitar.
I have one of these stashed somewhere in my house.