Music for the day

Pandot

Scout
Sep 30, 2008
Sweetwater
There is a Thanksgiving song I'd like to share, but it's an mp3, and I don't know if it's as simple as converting it into something compatible, or if I'm out of luck. Feeling a bit techno-ignorant at the moment.
Hope you all had a great day yesterday.

noelle

Trailhead00

Explorer
Mar 9, 2005
Haddonfield, NJ
Thought this was a cool song. There are definitely some pictures on this website that would go along with it.

Bonus points if you know the commercial it is used in. :)

cranbrake

Scout
Jun 3, 2009
check out Bob Dylan's latest-'Together through life'; pretty much a romping,refreshing take on the blues with some creative instrumentation....

btw interesting stuff,thanks for the links everyone,obscure and otherwise.

btw anyone see the recent(mid '09 release) movie 'It might get loud' featuring '3 generations'-(Jimmy Page/The Edge/Jack White) jamming/working together/discussing a wide range of rock music?i missed it in theatres,sounds/looks interesting.

nowashburn

Jan 10, 2010
Folsom, NJ
Will Oldham - Hardlife

Will Oldham - Hardlife

heard this one on my headphones (turned on low) while biking to work this morning. Think everyone will like it:

"Will Oldham is known for his 'do-it-yourself punk aesthetic and blunt honesty,' and his music has been likened to Americana, folk, roots, country, punk, and indie rock. He has been called an 'Appalachian post-punk solipsist', with a voice that has been described as 'a fragile sort-of warble frittering around haunted melodies in the American folk or country tradition.'"

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
btw anyone see the recent(mid '09 release) movie 'It might get loud' featuring '3 generations'-(Jimmy Page/The Edge/Jack White) jamming/working together/discussing a wide range of rock music?i missed it in theatres,sounds/looks interesting.

It was a tough one to find in theaters. I'm waiting on an On demand release or rent. I've seen a bunch of youtube clips of it. Looks real good. I'm a big Jimmy Page fan. I like Jack White alot but I don't really think he defines an era or style as much as Page or Edge. Looking at it strictly from a guitarists point of view, Page is a whole different caliber than Edge or White but I think they understand and respect that, so it all works.

Jeff